Homebrew Help with SnesDS please

leavemealone347

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I don't know if I installed it incorrectly or what. I dragged SnesDS.nds to my "homebrew" folder on my CycloDS and then made a special "SNES Rom" folder for all of my SNES Roms. Problem is that nothing I boot will run at all! It will just freeze the boot menu. All the files are in .smc format if that matters.

Thanks.

leavemealone347

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
myuusmeow said:
Don't even bother with SnesDS, use SNEmulds.
Ok thanks. I was wondering if I was just using the bad one. I knew there were two. Someone should update the sticky at the top of this forum. I'll post back if I have any trouble.

leavemealone347

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I have a problem. When I boot it all that appears is.

Initialize FS. . . (repeated over and over again on the lines) been sitting like this for 4 minutes.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so your card will automatically DLDI patch. However, you're using a vastly outdated version of SNEmulDS. The blog posts on the main site went back in time for some reason, but the latest download link for v0.6 Alpha still remains. Use that instead, or use v0.5 Beta alternatively (I use both, as v0.6 Alpha introduced a few issues I'm still not really comfortable dealing with).

EDIT: When you get an updated version, put games in the SNES folder, snemul.cfg on the root of your card, and SNEmulDS.nds anywhere on your card.

leavemealone347

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That got my roms booting! Thanks. But, I've been looking thorough the options menu for Super Mario All Stars because some of the screen is cut off (I fall in holes alot
tongue.gif
) and I found the "squished, normal, super squished" modes but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's actually only for a single layer, which is the layer usually used for the GUI in games. If you're using v0.5 Beta, then there is no scaling and you'll want to use the "Yscroll" option instead to move the screen location down a bit. In v0.6 Alpha, you can use the scaling option to squish the entire screen to fit the DS's resolution. I forgot exactly where this option is in the v0.6 Alpha GUI, sorry.

leavemealone347

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
That's actually only for a single layer, which is the layer usually used for the GUI in games. If you're using v0.5 Beta, then there is no scaling and you'll want to use the "Yscroll" option instead to move the screen location down a bit. In v0.6 Alpha, you can use the scaling option to squish the entire screen to fit the DS's resolution. I forgot exactly where this option is in the v0.6 Alpha GUI, sorry.
Think I may upgrade to .6 thank you.

undisclosed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I have Supercard Ds Lite and downloaded the snemulds .6 version and I put the .cfg in the root of my card. I created a snes folder and put the game chrono trigger.smc and the file 000SNEmulDS.nds in the folder snes. But when I load it on my DS i get the message:

FS initlizing.
FS failure, continueing anyway

And then there is no game under the list "Select rom"

can you help please

edit: i have the file sclt.didi and i put it in the folder snes too

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Putting sclt.dldi in the SNES folder isn't going to help. You need to actually patch the SNEmulDS.nds file with the SCLT.dldi file. The easiest method of doing this in Windows is with the DLDIrc program.

Alternatively, if you have firmware version 1.84 or 1.85, copy the "dldi.scp" file to the root of your card and the Supercard will automatically patch with DLDI when you launch the program.

undisclosed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I already have firmware 1.85. I have no idea where to get the dldi.scp file.

I tried downloading the 1.84 firmware and i see a dldi file that looks like a text file. I put it in my root folder but don't see it anywhere, so I launch snemulds and it says FS initilizion..Initilizing success! but it just stays there!

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, then perhaps the auto-DLDI doesn't work too well for you.

Try removing the dldi.scp file from your card (the one that looks like a text file) and manually patching SNEmulDS.nds with the DLDI file for your card. You may need to try SCSD_moon or one of the other slot-2 Supercard DLDI files if SCLT.dldi doesn't work for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, no