Help with Slot-1 Retail Dump Save Pokemon Fire Red

CGB_Spender

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all! I just activated this account, though I have been coming to this site for years for help and reviews. After minutes of initial deliberation in discovering flash carts on this forum, I decided to buy an R4 flash cart to enhance my experience with my NDS and 3DS. Anywho...

Using Rudolph's GBA backup tool, I have dumped both the ROM and my .SAV from fire red (Pokemon_Fire_BPRE01).

Loading this ROM and SAV on VBA 1.8 works wonderfully!... Until I try to save the darn thing, my game freezes. I've tried everything I've found on these forums. Checking real time clock, changing save type to auto/128k doesn't work. Hay nada! Also. My dumped save file straight from the retail cart is 128k in size until it loads on VBA 1.8, where it changes to 64k? Wtf, right? Sooo... what am I doing wrong? I've spent exhaustive numbers of hours attempting to figure this out, from GBA TEMP to Youtube, google EVERYTHING. Hay nada... HELP!

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
fire red doesn't have real time clock, so you can ignore that option

when people fail to use and notice, is that in VBA there is an option to import a save, did ya tried it?
in vba there is a save type, option, force it to 128kb
fasfgasg.png

you can also try vba-m a updated version (i think from different developers)
or you can also try https://mgba.io/

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
How to send (sorry for being such a newb lol) Tried to link the file from drag and drop and the extension wasnt allowed lol
make a zip, rar or 7z with winrar or 7 zip http://www.7-zip.org/
or upload to a server of your choice like google drive, dropbox, etc... and give me the link

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Xdqwerty how are you?