Homebrew Help with Installing IOS 236

OMQ12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bare with me I am pretty bad at all of this.

So I have IOS 58 Installed on my wii. I also have homebrew version 1.1.2 .
When I was using Dr. Clippers IOS 236 Installer I pressed 1 on accident which was the pirate choice and it uninstalled it (Shocking, no one is gonna believe that I did it on accident.). Anyway I tried the Pro Pirate version which allowed you to install it but that didnt work. I also tried putting a disk and playing it then try reinstalling it but it didnt work even when it said Installation Complete. Any way If you have any Ideas for me to update my ios to 236 that would be very appreciated if you could tell me. Thanks. I will provide more info if you need.

OMQ12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open modmii (NOT the skin one), press 4 then enter, then press 1 and enter, then type 236 and enter. Install it using a WAD manager

Ok so when I download I select The wizard because Im using a new version. And It says update/install and I select "IOS236" and "Yet another wad Manager". And I get "IOS236 Installer"(the one I used and pressed 1 and wont let me use anymore. I also got Multi MOD MANAGER, Simple IOS Patcher , and Yet another wad manager. It also gave me a file named IOS36-64-v3351.wad but that is not the IOS 236. So did I select something wrong or can I download the IOS 236 Wad Some where else and Install it with "Yet Another Wad Manager"?

EDIT: Is the IOS36-64-v3351.wad file actually IOS 236? If then should I proceed by installing it with A wad manager?

Deleted member 282441

AKA ZeroTheSavior
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it's right.

Also, if you're trying to play burned games (Which is totally pointless) you can use USB Loader GX, it supports burned disks. I think. I installed CIOSCORP once and it never worked, but for some reason USB Loader GX can read a burned game someone gave me.

btw, don't use cioscorp. It can really mess up your wii. Badly. My system menu no longer reads GCN games.

OMQ12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it's right.

Also, if you're trying to play burned games (Which is totally pointless) you can use USB Loader GX, it supports burned disks. I think. I installed CIOSCORP once and it never worked, but for some reason USB Loader GX can read a burned game someone gave me.

btw, don't use cioscorp. It can really mess up your wii. Badly. My system menu no longer reads GCN games.

Ok thanks for the info. Im planning use DIos Mios only but thank you very much.

Deleted member 282441

AKA ZeroTheSavior
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk, I guess it might be required if you don't have a trucha bug or something.

EDIT: If you already have d2x installed or anything else with a trucha bug, it's not needed. If not, you need to install it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended