Help with hardmodded xbox

cpenny1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know you said that before but it seems like im a little confused. So basically i have two banks, one for stock and one for mod? Because when i was booting into both banks, it was a modified dashboard that the console booted to. And the flash prevent stops me accidentally flashing a new bios? I will get more information about this xbox tomorrow. I got it at a carboot for £5, im a total noob when it comes to a modded xbox (not softmodded)

DarkGabbz

Resident XBOX Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I know you said that before but it seems like im a little confused. So basically i have two banks, one for stock and one for mod? Because when i was booting into both banks, it was a modified dashboard that the console booted to. And the flash prevent stops me accidentally flashing a new bios? I will get more information about this xbox tomorrow. I got it at a carboot for £5, im a total noob when it comes to a modded xbox (not softmodded)
Then it is softmodded too.

cpenny1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh ok, but when i turned the chip of from the selector on the front of the console "chip enabled" it just boots to stock dashboard

cpenny1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Someone told me that i have a 1.6 motherboard. My bios is EvoX M8 v16 06. The dashboard is slayers evo-x v2.6. That is on bank 1. When i switch to bank 2 it is the same.

Do i need to update my bios and should i leave my bank selector on 1 or 2?

DarkGabbz

Resident XBOX Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Someone told me that i have a 1.6 motherboard. My bios is EvoX M8 v16 06. The dashboard is slayers evo-x v2.6. That is on bank 1. When i switch to bank 2 it is the same.

Do i need to update my bios and should i leave my bank selector on 1 or 2?
Do flash evox m8 67 when upgrading the hdd.

cpenny1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, cheers for all your help bud. A godsend.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If i ever see you, beers on me

DarkGabbz

Resident XBOX Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, cheers for all your help bud. A godsend.

If i ever see you, beers on me
If it doesn't include it i can help you with the bios.

If it doesn't include it i can help you with the bios.
But also try the xecuter 2 bios.

Rename the x2bios.bin.

cpenny1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Right, a quick update. Managed to get a lot of stuff done today. So i did come across a few problems and i will list how i fixed them throughout this post/reply. I used the Hexen tsop method of upgrading my hard drive. It went well but when i tried to boot into stock dashboard by turning my chip of, i got an error. It could have been due to me not copying my stock dashboard files over. I managed to overcome this by using chimp. With chimp there is a problem with i think all 1.6 consoles that it would not display on the screen, you had to use telnet (when i had to do it on my crystal). A quick google search got me to a guide which had a chimp.iso that has been altered to allow 1.6 and above to easily use chimp. I burnt it to the disk, followed all the steps and hey presto it worked. I then ripped a game to see if it works but on my evo dashboard, under play games on hdd. They didn't appear, however if i went into the file manager and even dvd2xbox, the game was there and ready to play. So i had a few attempts of trying to change the dashboard to unleash x as i have some experience with that. I tried hexen and it wasnt working for me with the stock drive. So i burnt slayers 2.7 auto installer and from one click of a button it all works. I thought i will tell you guys incase anyone runs into the same problem as i did. Also i have not currently flashed or upgraded the bios as knowing my luck i will frag it. I am extremely happy and appreciate all the help DarkGabbz. Might try xlink kai out or whatever, not tried out that before. Also the disk that i used to burn was a Platinum DVD-R 16x Speed. I used Imgburn with the 3x speed. As that is the lowest my laptop drive supported.

DarkGabbz

Resident XBOX Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Right, a quick update. Managed to get a lot of stuff done today. So i did come across a few problems and i will list how i fixed them throughout this post/reply. I used the Hexen tsop method of upgrading my hard drive. It went well but when i tried to boot into stock dashboard by turning my chip of, i got an error. It could have been due to me not copying my stock dashboard files over. I managed to overcome this by using chimp. With chimp there is a problem with i think all 1.6 consoles that it would not display on the screen, you had to use telnet (when i had to do it on my crystal). A quick google search got me to a guide which had a chimp.iso that has been altered to allow 1.6 and above to easily use chimp. I burnt it to the disk, followed all the steps and hey presto it worked. I then ripped a game to see if it works but on my evo dashboard, under play games on hdd. They didn't appear, however if i went into the file manager and even dvd2xbox, the game was there and ready to play. So i had a few attempts of trying to change the dashboard to unleash x as i have some experience with that. I tried hexen and it wasnt working for me with the stock drive. So i burnt slayers 2.7 auto installer and from one click of a button it all works. I thought i will tell you guys incase anyone runs into the same problem as i did. Also i have not currently flashed or upgraded the bios as knowing my luck i will frag it. I am extremely happy and appreciate all the help DarkGabbz. Might try xlink kai out or whatever, not tried out that before. Also the disk that i used to burn was a Platinum DVD-R 16x Speed. I used Imgburn with the 3x speed. As that is the lowest my laptop drive supported.
Chimp worked on my console 1.6 and there is a simple reason why your xbox didn't boot with the chip turned off because when you upgrade your hdd without chimp the hdd won't get locked and then old works on the modded bios.Copy the games over with ftp it's easier.

cpenny1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually got a problem, might not be one at all. but im getting a weird tint effect on my screen from my xecuter 2.6 console. I use component but when i try the same cable on my softmodded xbox, the tint goes away. Is it something that can be solved or ignored?

DarkGabbz

Resident XBOX Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually got a problem, might not be one at all. but im getting a weird tint effect on my screen from my xecuter 2.6 console. I use component but when i try the same cable on my softmodded xbox, the tint goes away. Is it something that can be solved or ignored?
Take a picture.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1