PS1/2 Help with FreeMcBoot

overbound

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the instructions for patching and burning games and loading ESR.elf onto my FMCB 1.8 memorycard BOOT folder found here:
http://psx-scene.com/forums/f164/quick-esr-tutorial-118881/

But I am having trouble loading games. If I understand correctly, once I've done the steps in the quick guide I should just be able to insert a backup into my FAT PS2 which FMCB or maybe ESR.elf will detect and load the game automatically. This doesn't happen for me.

On starting my FAT PS2 with a backup I get a message that says the DVD player is not setup.
When loading ESR from the OS menu I get a pink screen.
I spent some time playing with the ESR Configurations in the FMCB Configurer and somehow upon restarting my backup loaded and I played it with no problems for an hour. I do not remember exactly what I did unfortunately.
The trouble is on resetting I can no longer get the backups to load. And on running the ESR elf from the FMBC enhanced menu I am greeted with a splash screen followed by a pink screen once I've pressed any key.
Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? I feel like since I got the backup working once and played for an hour the disc must be okay. FMCB must be configured wrong in some fashion but I am such a novice at this I don't have a clue how.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt