Hacking Help With Flashcart 3DS

Solix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, I'm having some trouble with my flashcart. It is an R4i Gold 3DS Revolution, the site on the front of the card is www.r4ids.cn and I'm currently using the R4 Wood 1.64 firmware. The problem I'm having is that i cannot get this card to work with my girlfriends 3DS even though the card clearly says its for 3DS. The card works perfectly for my DSL and it shows up as the Metroid Prime Hunters game icon on the 3DS but i get an error when i try to launch it. I've been all over the site and cannot seem to find a newer firmware than the one i have. I also tried the update for the card using the DSL and it just says Fail. I was hoping that someone could assist me in getting this card to work in the 3DS, thank you all. I have attached pictures for helpfulness, well hopefully atleast lol.

Attachments

• 3DS Error.jpg
    3DS Error.jpg
    380.6 KB · Views: 241
  • Flashcart.jpg
    Flashcart.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 183
  • Update Fail.jpg
    Update Fail.jpg
    493.4 KB · Views: 243

dontay0100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The question is what firmware is your 3ds on? And what firmwares does the card support? I don't know cuz I'm not really interested in R4

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
what number/letter is on the back of the card by where the contacts are......that card looks like a old revision....probably blocked and unsupported by the R4ids.cin team any more

Solix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest firmware on the 3DS (8.1.0-19) as far as what the flashcart supports is unclear, the website isnt very descriptive.

Solix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just because it says 3DS on the sticker does not mean that it works on all firmware 3DSs.

Yes I am aware of that, I bought this card from a friend for a few dollars quiet some time ago, as I recall it did work on his 3DS when he sold it to me.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
hmmm im pretty sure the rev c is supposed to still work....if its failing the card check i suppose it could possibly be a clone.....but idk tbh

also after 6.x the card required you to cut a trace on the pcb.....but not sure if its genuine or not as the update should run on it

Solix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay my girlfriend mentioned that she was trying to make this card work once for her 3DS and somehow managed to change the icon from metroid to a mario one. She said it still wouldnt work but the icon was changed. Anyone familiar with this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans