ROM Hack Help with decompressing a code.bin file.

Irumi`

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I would like to know for what purpose uses the code.bin files of the Nintendo 3DS games. But above all, I want to know if you can extract the files inside the code.bin files. By opening one with HxD I noticed several files, which I thought could be extracted.

I state that are completely newbie with software as ctrtool, and do not even know how to operate it.

Please anyone help me.

Falo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can use ctrtool to decompress it and together with patchrom, you can make a code.elf from "code.bin + exh.bin".
This file can then be opened with ida pro, there are no files hidden inside, all files are in the romfs.bin, it's only code.

"code.bin + exh.bin" is the 3ds equivalent of a windows "game.exe".

Irumi`

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
And you, why you want decompress this file, what's your goal ?

decompress =/= extract
Sorry, I screwed up with the translator.

My goal would be to search for a particular file in Inazuma Eleven GO Chrono Stones: Thunderflash. Specifically, the file containing the passwords of the game (in some way the game should recognize the correct passwords from incorrect ones, and this should lead to the presence of a file, but I have not found anywhere in the extracted files from RomFS [the only ones are: banner.icn, .moflex videos, .bcstm audios, .bcsar and .fa files]). Passwords also work offline, so I think they aren't connected to some server.).

Vidpic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In the "ie_b.fa" file, using HxD, I found "PasswordChar", but around it there is nothing else that is connected to the passwords.

That's the same thing that I also try. I extracted the fa files, but i can't still read the bin files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol