Homebrew Help with Braindump

UnluckyShuckle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I'm trying to run Braindump but whenever I open it from the Homebrew menu on my DS it says ""This homebrew exploit does not have support for launching applications under target titles. Please use another exploit." I'm currently using the Rosalina v2.0.0 homebrew launcher on cfw. I'm super new to all of this so I'm not really sure where to go from here, what exploit to use, and how to get it. Any help would be appreciated!

Other hax installers are listed in the homebrew menu but every one fails because my system is apparently too far updated

Last edited by UnluckyShuckle,

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to run Braindump but whenever I open it from the Homebrew menu on my DS it says ""This homebrew exploit does not have support for launching applications under target titles. Please use another exploit." I'm currently using the Rosalina v2.0.0 homebrew launcher on cfw. I'm super new to all of this so I'm not really sure where to go from here, what exploit to use, and how to get it. Any help would be appreciated!

Other hax installers are listed in the homebrew menu but every one fails because my system is apparently too far updated
If you're on cfw, dont use braindump to dump titles. Godmode9 has a dump feature. Just find the .app file on the sd card and build a cia from it by clicking on it.

UnluckyShuckle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you're on cfw, dont use braindump to dump titles. Godmode9 has a dump feature. Just find the .app file on the sd card and build a cia from it by clicking on it.
This might be a stupid question, but which .app file am I looking for? Specifically I'm trying to dump Fire Emblem Awakening, which I own a physical copy of. I'm not sure if that makes any difference.

EDIT: Oh whoops I figured it out, I forgot how to actually boot up Godmode9 on my 3ds. Okay thank you for the help! Really appreciate it!

UnluckyShuckle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright so I got a .cia file from it. The guide I was originally following said I need to get to the romfs.bin and exefs.bin files, or more specifically I have to drag a file into the same location on my computer as Fire Emblems romfs folder, but I really dont know where that folder is(or if its something I have to make, how I go about making it).

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so I got a .cia file from it. The guide I was originally following said I need to get to the romfs.bin and exefs.bin files, or more specifically I have to drag a file into the same location on my computer as Fire Emblems romfs folder, but I really dont know where that folder is(or if its something I have to make, how I go about making it).
Download Asia81's 3ds hacking toolkit to unpack and repack the cia: https://github.com/Asia81/HackingToolkit9DS/releases. It'll give you the romfs.bin and exefs.bin files you need, but will also automatically unpack them for you.

UnluckyShuckle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright I'm using the HackingToolkit but I'm still not sure how to use it to get what I need? How do I use it to get a romfs folder I can replace with the Fire Emblem hackpack?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I'm using the HackingToolkit but I'm still not sure how to use it to get what I need? How do I use it to get a romfs folder I can replace with the Fire Emblem hackpack?
Just install the setup.exe and then run the program. Type in CE to extract your cia. Then just give it the name of the file.

UnluckyShuckle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay cool that worked. I've got the DecryptedRomFS.bin and DecryptedExeFS.bin files(among other things) in the toolkit folder now, what do I do next to install this fire emblem hack pack?

Reactions: Giodude

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay cool that worked. I've got the DecryptedRomFS.bin and DecryptedExeFS.bin files(among other things) in the toolkit folder now, what do I do next to install this fire emblem hack pack?
I have no clue how the romhack is structured. However, im assuming it's just new files for the game it wants you to click and drag into it. If that's the case, just extract the romhack into the extracted romfs folder and make sure everything overlaps. Then, you should be able to use the toolkit to repack the cia. If you want an easier method of doing this, luma layerdfs patching should also be able to run the romhack without rebuilding a cia. You just put the romhack on the sd card and it'll run it when you boot up the game.

UnluckyShuckle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I extracted the romfs it didnt make a new folder, should I just be extracting the romhack into the folder with the toolkit and all the bin files it just extracted?

Also I tried just putting the rom hack into the SD card and it didnt seem to do anything so I;ll just do it the longer way

UnluckyShuckle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I extracted from the cia it just made a few .bin files in the toolkits folder. Is there something else I should be doing to get an actual romfs folder? Or do I just make one and put the files in it

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Odd. It should make an extracted romfs folder. Anyway, the more I think about it, I highly suggest you use luma patching since it is alot simpler. Also, i think the toolkit does come with a separate romfs extractor if that's anywhere in the toolkit menu.

UnluckyShuckle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
At the risk of sounding more clueless than I already am, how uh...do I go about using the luma patching method? So far dropping the files into the root of the SD card didnt affect it and dropping them into the luma folder did nothing as well

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the risk of sounding more clueless than I already am, how uh...do I go about using the luma patching method? So far dropping the files into the root of the SD card didnt affect it and dropping them into the luma folder did nothing as well
It's not the root. I should've specified. Go into the luma folder and go into the titles folder. Create a folder named the title Id of fire emblem, them create a folder called romfs. Try extracting it there.

Reactions: UnluckyShuckle

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: