Hacking Help with Blue screen + BOOTROM 8046 error + R4i Deluxe/3DSlink

Home_Rowed

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I prepared this after it happening to me on Jan. 12th at about 8AM - 12PM EST. Some more info based on what people said here: My Wi-Fi switch was on, my 3DS was in sleep mode for 7-14 days charging every other day.

3DS Link bricked my 3DS. 3DS V4.1 U, 3DS emuNAND V7.1 U, 3DS Link V3.2, I was playing Bravely Default (EUR). The game kept frezzing at random loading screens after about 10-30 minutes playing. So I had to force power off the 3DS by holding the power button for 30 seconds. Sometimes I would forget to take the 3DS Link out, going against their(or just R4's) advice, but it didn't do harm as far as I was aware. Now one time as I was re-launching the exploit after, I think, the 5th game crash and the 3DS Link was not in the slot it just booted to the screen shown in the image.
It says:
BOOTROM 8046
ERRCODE: 00F800EF
FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF
00000008 00000000

I tried to force power off. Then right after starting it again by hiting the power button, no boot time or anything, it would just go back to that screen.
I tried removing the battery for 5 minutes, to the same result.

So I guess I'll just have the learn to solder, in order to re-flash my System NAND with that backup I made, when Gateway released the emuNAND feature. That was before I even decided to buy the 3DS Link. I might have to remove the Gatway header as one thread mentioned, unless they just use that header in in the emuNAND partition and not the standalone NAND backup feature.

Attachments

• IMG_20140112_115438.jpg
    IMG_20140112_115438.jpg
    986 KB · Views: 2,889

Ilogis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3ds XL had exact the same problem. The shop I bought both the console and the R4i managed to fix it by change something in the hardware, I don't know, totally noob.

I changed setting in the R4i mode (parented control). R4i menu just freezed and after that I had to force reset, then the blue screen appeared.

Now the R4i look like a time bomb, anyone recommend what firmware I should use? Is any firmware with free region stable atm?

jajasilver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
MY 3DS DIED WITH BLUE SCREEN ERROR!

What are the options now?
1. I have a NAND backup (saved a few places in order to be safe)
2. I have zero soldering experience and no soldering equipment
3. I am still in warranty
4. I want a 4.x console if replaced!
As far as I can tell there is no "confirmed solution" to unbricking and the NAND.bin might be a "possible" solution.

Has anyone received any reply from 3dslink/r4i teams regarding the bricking?
Except the excuse to use the fake 3.3b update.

I so want to punch the guy who fucked up the firmware releases and cased this bricking spree. They better be working on fixing this issue instead of trying to cover things up.

---> TO: 3DSLINK/R4I TEAM: I PERSONALLY HOLD YOU RESPONSIBLE FOR MY BRICKED 3DS <---
GET YOUR STORIES RIGHT! YOU SHOULD HAVE CLEARLY TESTED YOUR RELEASES AND WARNED THAT YOUR SOFTWARE IS BAD AND NOT JUST LIE ABOUT YOUR 3.3B BEING A FIX FOR PREVIOUS 3.x RELEASES WHILE ONLY BEING A 2.0 REPACK!

There I said it. :gun::nds::hateit:

olfa

Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
Has anyone received any reply from 3dslink/r4i teams regarding the bricking?
Except the excuse to use the fake 3.3b update.

There I said it. :gun::nds::hateit:

yes i did got a reply, but you dont want to know .....

======================================================
It seems just the emuNAND feature to cause the blue screen issues....Please don't use the firmware V3.0~3.3 now,
until we find a solution and release it with the coming firmware V4.0 later,
by the way, you might also know that the same issue has been reported by lot of GW card users on various forums recently...

Someone got a temporary solution for the blue screen issue(see URL below),
but we have not tested it yet,
you can try if you would like to,
however, that way only works in case you've done system NAND backup for your 3DS console before...

http://bbs.tgbus.com/thread-5358037-1-2.html (Sorry it's in Chinese, you might have to translate it by google something...)
so they want us to solder, translate chinese to english, and they havent tested it lol :(
the least they could do is send some nand writiing kit (shouldnt be hard for them ...) or they will start losing clients ......

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeah I wonder why it's suddenly getting reported by GW user? Dispite gateways firmware being out longer than their sorry excuse....suddenly some gateway "users" finally decide to report it AFTER the clones started bricking consoles...seems a bit convenient for them

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
why you keept using 3.2/3.3? even if it was a 2.0 repack and the method of labeling it as a new version was dirt trick , you should have done so since at least you can keep using the card without bricks to play

jajasilver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes i did got a reply, but you dont want to know .....

It seems just the emuNAND feature to cause the blue screen issues....Please don't use the firmware V3.0~3.3 now,
until we find a solution and release it with the coming firmware V4.0 later,
by the way, you might also know that the same issue has been reported by lot of GW card users on various forums recently...

Someone got a temporary solution for the blue screen issue(see URL below),
but we have not tested it yet,
you can try if you would like to,
however, that way only works in case you've done system NAND backup for your 3DS console before...

http://bbs.tgbus.com/thread-5358037-1-2.html (Sorry it's in Chinese, you might have to translate it by google something...)
so they want us to solder, translate chinese to english, and they havent tested it lol :(
the least they could do is send some nand writiing kit (shouldnt be hard for them ...) or they will start losing clients ......

This is joke!

They apparently have no idea what is going on and they are as confused as we are.
I have not emailed my reseller yet as I know they would have no idea how to tackle this as its a technical issue. They will have to consult 3DSlink or who ever sold them the carts.

Finding a solution to unbrick must be their priority and not focusing on a version that will not brick others in a future release!
If they cant then I am going to demand a refund for my 3DSlink and send it back to my reseller, if they deny a refund I will charge back my credit card and attach all these threads as proof of mass faulty products sold.

We should start some kind of affected users thread only and track the process of "solutions vs excuses" and act accordingly, it should not be our problem but theirs!

As for my dead 3ds, I hope it can get it replaced if its not fixable.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Maybe they will decide to manunufacture a solder less solution for restoring your nand....you may have to wait for gateway to tell them how to do it first though XD, but I do think some sort of clip on replacement back cover could easily resolve people's inability to solder and let them restore their backups, with a port for future restores after they brick you again

8up

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I try yesterday to visit site but it was closed with error 503.

I have bad news for the replacement from Nintendo dealer. They say that they will not replace the 3 consoles with the problem because it was use with illegal cards for pirate games.

I did not tell him that the consoles have 3DSlink and & R4i. They have many request with same error code and they know now that all of them are pirate devices because of same error for all.
I need to find solution for the problem with solder to nand? Else I will just have to use them as spare parts for replacements of monitors and case and buttons.

R4iFanboi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I try yesterday to visit site but it was closed with error 503.

I have bad news for the replacement from Nintendo dealer. They say that they will not replace the 3 consoles with the problem because it was use with illegal cards for pirate games.

I did not tell him that the consoles have 3DSlink and & R4i. They have many request with same error code and they know now that all of them are pirate devices because of same error for all.
I need to find solution for the problem with solder to nand? Else I will just have to use them as spare parts for replacements of monitors and case and buttons.

I would like to see a picture of all 3 consoles together with the blue screen.

willdunz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I wonder why it's suddenly getting reported by GW user? Dispite gateways firmware being out longer than their sorry excuse....suddenly some gateway "users" finally decide to report it AFTER the clones started bricking consoles...seems a bit convenient for them

I don't know about other GW users. But in the forums 3dslink provided (tgbus, duowan and other chinese websites), there are 3dslink shills claiming GW bricked their console. People ask them for picture proof but they don't show it. It seems 3dslink is trying to drag down GW as well.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeah it was inevitable, I think any gateway "users" suddenly appearing experiencing this problem are probably just clone staff or resellers trying to get rid of stock by trying to point the finger at gateway...gateways firmware was out for over a week before the clones ripped it off....how come there was nothing in that week? Then as soon as it becomes public that the clones are bricking consoles suddenly a bunch of new members start popping up saying that they got bricked and only use gateway.....either some people don't want the standard "it's your own fault for using a clone " response or clones are trying to drag gateway down with them

temp1312

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about other GW users. But in the forums 3dslink provided (tgbus, duowan and other chinese websites), there are 3dslink shills claiming GW bricked their console. People ask them for picture proof but they don't show it. It seems 3dslink is trying to drag down GW as well.

Actually there is some pictures, and this user is so sure that he didn't use the modified launcher.
But, he left his 3DS in sleep mode for couple hours before it bricks.
http://bbs.tgbus.com/thread-5360192-1-1.html
(this link might not be able to access sometimes because of being audited, just wait a while and try again)
"Sorry, the specified topic does not exist or has been deleted or is being audited" -- by google translate.

Another instance, a GW user said that he encountered blue screen once during playing a game, but the blue screen is not permanent, it just gone after reboot.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I'm not saying it's impossible that there is a bug in gateway, but what I will say is that how come in the nearly 2 weeks between gateway releasing and the clones releasing their hacked version of the gateway firmware, why was there no reports of gateway bricking anything.....as soon as people come out saying the clones are bricking after only one or 2 days of days of the clone launcher getting released, suddenly some people pop up blaming gateway as well, it all seems way too convenient for the clones in my opinion.

Btw in my efforts to try find the truth I have actually tried pretty much everything the people are claiming bricked on a gateway......been to data management, left it in sleep mode for hours, left it to go flat in gateway mode....and nothing

Reactions: Technicmaster0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...