GBAtemp's Official T-shirt
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
So I decided to RGH my Xbox 360 Slim Trinity console with an Ace V3 Chip. I had some help with the soldering as I am not that experienced myself.
I followed this guide :
... and did everything as shown, but when finally powering the console, it just takes forever to boot. Literally, it won't boot. The Chip itself has both red and green lights on with the green one blinking here and there so I know it's attempting to glitch but it just won't happen.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?
I can take pictures (after lunch) of anything you need to see if it helps.

DarkGabbz

Resident XBOX Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
So I decided to RGH my Xbox 360 Slim Trinity console with an Ace V3 Chip. I had some help with the soldering as I am not that experienced myself.
I followed this guide :
... and did everything as shown, but when finally powering the console, it just takes forever to boot. Literally, it won't boot. The Chip itself has both red and green lights on with the green one blinking here and there so I know it's attempting to glitch but it just won't happen.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?
I can take pictures (after lunch) of anything you need to see if it helps.

Is it booting to Xell when you press the eject button?

Kinqdra

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Is it booting to Xell when you press the eject button?
Is there any difference in booting it normally and booting it with eject? What I did was boot it with it's "mask" off using a pair of tweezers to pinch that capacitor.
I left the power cable at my workplace where I had the soldering done. Will go pick it up and have it ready in about an hour maybe less so I can try it out.

DarkGabbz

Resident XBOX Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Is there any difference in booting it normally and booting it with eject? What I did was boot it with it's "mask" off using a pair of tweezers to pinch that capacitor.
I left the power cable at my workplace where I had the soldering done. Will go pick it up and have it ready in about an hour maybe less so I can try it out.
When you press the eject button it boots to xell and when you press the normal power on butten its boots into the normal dash.

Kinqdra

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
When you press the eject button it boots to xell and when you press the normal power on butten its boots into the normal dash.
Well I didn't put the case back on so I'm not sure which way I'm booting it. Do you know how to eject boot it without it's case on by any chance? I'll be home with the power adapter in 5 mins so I can try it out.

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both lights left on red and green on the modchip means you haven't programmed th chip. It doesn't sound like you've followed the video fully. I followed that exact same video back in July this year and modded two of my consoles and they both work perfect.

I'd check which timing file you used for the chip.

Also, send pictures of soldering please.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25405032/IMG_2126.MOV

I have just created a video on what should happen when you press eject and what should happen when you have set up your xbox completely. Video is 140mb 1080p.

Last edited by jellybeangreen2,

Kinqdra

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Both lights left on red and green on the modchip means you haven't programmed th chip. It doesn't sound like you've followed the video fully. I followed that exact same video back in July this year and modded two of my consoles and they both work perfect.

I'd check which timing file you used for the chip.

Also, send pictures of soldering please.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25405032/IMG_2126.MOV

I have just created a video on what should happen when you press eject and what should happen when you have set up your xbox completely. Video is 140mb 1080p.
Here is the exact procedure I used:
1. Ace V3 programming - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/c...5FeNNX32c0rBU3SqAgILtDBZiExdPxlqqe4mkRSI/file

2. Booting console and results - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/c...W5r8QUSP7h1nAmAKN216p2huXDkeIRnSJQqH7c1A/file

Here are the pictures of the soldering job:
file

file

file

file

Thanks for your input, really appreciate it :)

Last edited by Kinqdra,

Kinqdra

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
DID IT!

Points E and F looked like they were soldered together in the tutorial. Just soldered them to the correct spot and everything worked fine :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs