Hacking HELP! WiiU with errors on vWii, can't update the system

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
IOS236 installer requires HBC already installed to get AHB access (hardware and memory access to be allowed to edit the RAM where IOS loaded in memory is located)
To install IOS you'll need the IOS Install prevention patch applied (should be done by the Wad manager), but to apply that patch you also need AHB access , so even with the proper IOS58 wad file you'll be stuck. (well, no harm trying! let us know)
Maybe that patch can be applied on other IOS than 58, but you'll need AHB access to patch any loaded IOS anyway.

To get AHB, you need to launch a channel (homebrew channel usually), or you can get it from an exploit which is used by Hackmii installer but was never publicly released.

Do you, by any chance, have any non official channel installed on vWii ? any forwarder? anything which could get you AHB access and you'll be saved!
if not, you can't install one without a signature check patch, which is provided by cIOS or (again) AHB access.

Last edited by Cyan,

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
IOS236 installer requires HBC already installed to get AHB access (hardware and memory access to be allowed to edit the RAM where IOS loaded in memory is located)
To install IOS you'll need the IOS Install prevention patch applied (should be done by the Wad manager), but to apply that patch you also need AHB access , so even with the proper IOS58 wad file you'll be stuck. (well, no harm trying! let us know)
Maybe that patch can be applied on other IOS than 58, but you'll need AHB access to patch any loaded IOS anyway.

To get AHB, you need to launch a channel (homebrew channel usually), or you can get it from an exploit which is used by Hackmii installer but was never publicly released.

Do you, by any chance, have any non official channel installed on vWii ? any forwarder? anything which could get you AHB access and you'll be saved!
if not, you can't install one without a signature check patch, which is provided by cIOS or (again) AHB access.
Was the exploit not released along with the HBC source code?

Sent from Behind You

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't look at the sources when it was released.
I think (thought?) they released only the homebrew channel sources, not hackmii installer sources.

if hackmii installer sources are available, then I suppose we can get ahb access from any game exploit.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
babelfish requires a usbgecko,but looked as a possible alternative to HW_AHBPROT
I don't know if Mini can be used on vWii. Very few project used Mini, that's too bad.

D

Deleted User

babelfish requires a usbgecko,but looked as a possible alternative to HW_AHBPROT
I don't know if Mini can be used on vWii. Very few project used Mini, that's too bad.
Mini boots off a IOS so i think maybe it might work... Somebody should test it on vWii or something.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
oh yes, I forgot about trinux. I really don't know how it worked, I didn't look at it. I don't know if it could be used, but I remember we had a vWii NAND dumper (and unreleased NAND writer), I think released by Maxternal ?

he could manage to use it to dump/write (vWii is already broken, but it might broke wiiu side even more? I don't know if writing has ever been tested, even by the developers)

I also say "we" when talking about all the hacking scene (dev/current and previous users/etc.)

Last edited by Cyan,

rockmann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hey! Sorry about not replying before, busy week.

Idk, I posted the list of IOS I got from syscheck here, is any of this usable?:

It worked!

8b6AggrZ.jpg

8cNZuFIg.jpg

8dlQ2GSK.jpg

8dPIXKMd.jpg

8ehJWFHz.jpg

8eKHQk3a.jpg

I'm going to try again with the vios58 today and report.
Haven't heard back from Fix94, he sure be very busy.

rockmann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Little Update: I tried a fresh vIOS58 with yammw, as expected, no dice (error 1017).

I was looking through the @FIX94 git about the iosuhax (https://github.com/FIX94/iosuhax) and it seems to have the addresses hardcoded for 5.5.1, BUT (and this is a big but because is a totally uneducated guess) I think with the 5.3.2 addresses referenced here http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/IOSU_Syscalls an offset can be deduced?

(Actually, on the readme is this line on the TODO: "make this version-independent by replacing hardcoded offset with auto-located ones, similar to my 3ds *hax ROP stuff")

Sadly all this is way above my level. I'm able to understand some things, but very little.

rockmann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Idiot question, idk if I had made it before, but, what happens if the vIOS is installed from a wup installer?

Here's listed the vIOS58 http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Title_database, and as I have a lower version, can be possible to update it like when spoofing the version.bin?

EDIT: I just understand that you need the sigpatch to install things that aren't public, right? But if I have the .app and .h3 encripted files with the corresponding ticket for ios58, should be possible?

Last edited by rockmann,

rockmann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I don't have the disc (I don't think anyone have it in argentina? Like all bought it online). I need to check what other game includes 5.5.1, maybe I can get one here to try.

I'd read in the other thread that someone try it out and the result was the same, idk if someone else can confirm that.

Have you tried disconnecting your WiFi and running BOTW? It might update from the disc that way.

rockmann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol