Misc [Help] Wi-Fi Password! (Pokemon)

raitos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello!

I have a DSi XL and I'm playing Pokemon Black, however I can not use any online function, because the game only recognizes Conexoes 1,2 and 3 (These connections do not accept the password Wi-Fi)
So I have to use the advanced options (4,5 and 6), so I can connect to my Wi-fi and enter the password for my router to be able to access the internet

I wonder if it's possible to play Pokemon Black trough a router with password

Thank you!

(Excuse my creaking English, I'm Brazilian ^ ^)

If Possible help me in my other topic
http://gbatemp.net/threads/help-increasing-speed-game.353235/

aids0109

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, the game was created for the Nintendo DS system family which only used connections 1,2 and 3 and these were modified in-game. The DSi However modifies them on the system options and won't accept WPA2 Passphrases (3DS consoles can but not for DS games). Most routers being distributed now with the N setting have WPA2 encryption set as default but this can be changed in the routers config (different for most routers) and some can set up a guest network to use the WEP encryption that DS/DSi's use.

zabikt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello!

I have a DSi XL and I'm playing Pokemon Black, however I can not use any online function, because the game only recognizes Conexoes 1,2 and 3 (These connections do not accept the password Wi-Fi)
So I have to use the advanced options (4,5 and 6), so I can connect to my Wi-fi and enter the password for my router to be able to access the internet

I wonder if it's possible to play Pokemon Black trough a router with password

Thank you!

Yes, it is possible.
Connections 1, 2, 3 are accepting WEP encryption only.
If your router is using WPA/WPA2 encryption you must define your connection using advanced option in DSi menu (Connection 4, 5, 6).
Pokemon Black/White (Black 2/White 2) are using additional capabilities of DSi and can use WPA/WPA2 encrypted connections.

Jstink101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using a DS Light with pokemon White and having the same problem. I am trying to figure out how to set up a guest network using WEP settings but have no clue what im doing. Using a Motorola SBG6580 modem. Anyone help?

Edit: It looks like the WEP setting is greyed out for my router and not supported. Is there a more efficient way of connecting? Perhaps by opening a port or something? Or is it best to upgrade to a DSi?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I am using a DS Light with pokemon White and having the same problem. I am trying to figure out how to set up a guest network using WEP settings but have no clue what im doing. Using a Motorola SBG6580 modem. Anyone help?

Edit: It looks like the WEP setting is greyed out for my router and not supported. Is there a more efficient way of connecting? Perhaps by opening a port or something? Or is it best to upgrade to a DSi?
If you go with a DSi then an original White cart (NOT A FLASH CART) will be able to use WPA, but you might just be able to get one of those DS USB wifi adapters you plug into your PC that makes a private WPA/DS internet connection, that might be cheaper.

Jstink101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a DSTWO card, will that work with a new DSi and WPA? I dont mind buying a new DS now that I have a working card, my current one is well over 3 years old and doesn't hold much of a charge anymore.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I just got a DSTWO card, will that work with a new DSi and WPA? I dont mind buying a new DS now that I have a working card, my current one is well over 3 years old and doesn't hold much of a charge anymore.
The DSTwo works with the DSi fine.

But no flash carts can use WPA, because all (except one) pretend to be a DS game, so the DSi and 3DS only give them access to DS features, not DSi features. And the one cart that runs in DSi-mode has no wifi capability.

Jstink101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So are you saying with a DSTWO I am basically shit out of luck when it comes to networking WPA even if I buy a DSi?

Jstink101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does one get around the networking issue then? Just stuck using WEP? Because my router doesn't even support it I don't think.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
So are you saying with a DSTWO I am basically shit out of luck when it comes to networking WPA even if I buy a DSi?
With any flash cart.

How does one get around the networking issue then? Just stuck using WEP? Because my router doesn't even support it I don't think.
Your router supports it, the setting might just be hidden since WEP is insecure.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-get-your-3-ds-i-online.293109/

Or get one of those DS USB wifi adapters for the PC, if you can manage to find a working on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That boy yo