Hacking [Help] USBloaderGX: emunand not working with usb, but does work on sd.

Sadistblue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have done extensive research on what I may have done wrong, but can't figure it out.

I have a WiiU modded following wiiu.guide for the vWii and wiiU side.
I am using the latest build of USBloader GX v1262.

I can run Nintendont GC games from USBloaderGX with my games on usb NOT sd. (I'm sure I could)
I can run WBFS files from USBloaderGX with my games on my usb not sd.
I am using a Y cable for both my Wii U hard drive on the front ports and a Y cable for my vwii hard drive on the back ports.
I can see/view my emunand games within the loader, however upon launching I get a black screen and reset.
I have tried running USBloader from my desired WUP installed WiiU channel, from the homebrew browser, and a wad installed channel in vwii.
I have tried changing the ios boot/game 249-251

I had my emunand running from my sd and wanted to try moving it to my usb. I have changed the custom paths (2 different paths required to be changed) within the settings, double checked the config files from the sd card. I started to wonder if I didn't install d2x-v10-beta52 cIOS for vwii correctly and overwrote those steps. Still nothing. What can I be missing? My drive is ustealthed, but that shouldn't make a difference :/

If all else fails I can just move it back to the sd card. Seems silly though. I appreciate anyones assistance.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
wiiu.guide
Arghh

is your drive stealth'd with Ustealth ?
that's your problem.

You need a modded version of d2x cIOS that softmod guide don't even care to explain or provide.
Most guides don't care about people wanting to use emuNAND.

two solution :
unstealth (but your wiiu will ask to format it)
reinstall d2x r52, with the modded FAT32 module.

1. get this : http://www.mediafire.com/file/d6cr1...2.2mod+by+FIX94-v10-beta52_beta53alt-vWii.zip
2. get this : https://gbatemp.net/threads/ciosx-rev21d2x-yet-another-hot-fix.277659/page-163#post-5092147
3. extract the first package to your SD
4. extract the second package to replace the file in d2x installer/v10/r52/ folder (search for the file with the same name, and replace it)
5. reinstall d2x v10 r52 in same slot/same base

Sadistblue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going to give this a shot now. Thank you Cyan! Obscure little post there, this community is amazing. I am more than grateful there has been such a huge community offering guides and knowledge.

Update: Worked perfectly following steps to reinstall d2x v10 r52 with modded Fat.app file provided by airline38.

Now if I could only get Not64 and Wiisxr to locate my usb. Not a big deal as the compatibility seems fairly low anyways. I imagine VC injects are the go-to as far as N64.

Last edited by Sadistblue,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you launch WiiSX and Not64 from vWii, it should work with USB, but only with MBR. (I doubt old homebrew are compatible with GPT partition table)
If you launch them from a WiiU WiiVC to get the WiiU CPU Speed boot benefit in vWii, then USB is not possible and only SD card can be used, or "Disc" maybe, if you install an ISO or ROM inside the Wii ISO.

If you didn't follow the latest progress on WiiU homebrew, the second line is probably not understandable :P
It's now possible to launch vWii homebrew directly from WiiU, and get the WiiU CPU speed ! but USB is disabled because the USB driver is used to mount the WiiU USB HDD where the homebrew can be installed.

Sadistblue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you didn't follow the latest progress on WiiU homebrew, the second line is probably not understandable :P
It's now possible to launch vWii homebrew directly from WiiU, and get the WiiU CPU speed ! but USB is disabled because the USB driver is used to mount the WiiU USB HDD where the homebrew can be installed.

Yeah I have the 2 WUP installed channels for Not64/Wiisxr that allow the WiiU CPU Speed boot. However I tried loading the apps directly from vWii's homebrew browser (Not cpu speed boot) and still no usb boot (I assume this again has to do with devs of these apps not supporting ustealth), but no worries! After reviewing all the wonderful tools available these days I couldn't possibly complain. Was 1000% easier than my original wii's shoddy soldering job. It is my understanding I cannot recompile homebrew from source?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, you can recompile (most of) them and add ustealth.
if the homebrew itself is mounting the hdd, you need to edit the sources, if it's relying on libogc fat's library to mount the partition you'll need to update the fat library.
Also, most old homebrew will require a lot of update to compile with latest devkitpro, you'll need to use older compiler and libraries unless you know what to update/fix in the sources to compile with latest tools.

I compiled a version of libfat for libogc that has ustealth natively, but I never tried it. it should work.
you need to replace the files in your devkitpro/libogc folder.
you can find that file at the bottom of the first post of Ustealth's main thread. (the one I linked above)

If you want the Wiisx sources, you should look here :
https://github.com/Mystro256/wiisxr
wiisxr is the latest update based on wiisx beta2.

As for not64, I don't know if it can be recompiled, it might require specific things, I never tried to do it.

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1