Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
O3DS FW 9.2.0.
Menuhax installed with choice of various CFW.

I'm new to the 3DS hacking scene, but I've managed to install menuhax, downgrade it, and run CFW to play any legit and non-legit cia files. I have a copy of Smash Bros. and I'd like to run the latest DLC. Not sure where to start though :/

Is it just a matter of downloading Big Blue Menu along with the necessary DLC files + update, and then just installing it through BBM?

Thanks for the help.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
in general, dlc can be a bit fickle if you dont pay for it normally. for one, it usually has to be reinstalled everytime you enter eshop or log into your nnid.

but otherwise, it should be as easy as downloading the latest update cia and dlc packs 2-6. then install the update cia and the packs. later, youÄll only have to install the latest dlc pack.

in case you already have an update for smash installed, its usually necessary to remove all smash update and extra data through the settings menu first.

Returnofganon

I pretend like I know what I'm talking about
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply.

I'll try out Big Blue Menu, although I've heard much more about FBI and NASA CIA Installer.
I have only used BBM and it has worked fine, I have installed many games already. I found the dlc, installed it and it worked fine

shafty710

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I have only used BBM and it has worked fine, I have installed many games already. I found the dlc, installed it and it worked fine

I've been using BBM to try and install the 1.14 update for Smash Bros + the latest DLC. I found both CIA files. BBM shows that it successfully imports the data. The problem is when I open up Smash Bros, it keeps giving me the same prompt: "Unable to find the latest data for Smash Bros."

And then it creates extra data on the SD card.

How did you get it to work? :/

Returnofganon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have the physical copy of Smash Bros, but I just want to update it with the CIA that I downloaded. Am I going to have to update to emuNAND to get it to work?
Oh I assumed you where on emunand. Install the update+dlc in emunand and it should load. I originally injected bbm into the h&s app and it wouldn't boot and kinda broke on system nand so Ive been using emunand since. I have a n3ds and have been using reinand (I think it might be a n3ds only cfw) on 10.3 while doing all of this fyi but I used rxtools for a few days with no problem. Try it on rxtools and tell me what happens.

Edit: forgot to mention that I also use a physical cart. Dlc and updates are stored in your sd and NOT in the cartridge. Also if you have any previous dlc delete that first

Last edited by Returnofganon,

shafty710

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh I assumed you where on emunand. Install the update+dlc in emunand and it should load. I originally injected bbm into the h&s app and it wouldn't boot and kinda broke on system nand so Ive been using emunand since. I have a n3ds and have been using reinand (I think it might be a n3ds only cfw) on 10.3 while doing all of this fyi but I used rxtools for a few days with no problem. Try it on rxtools and tell me what happens.

Edit: forgot to mention that I also use a physical cart. Dlc and updates are stored in your sd and NOT in the cartridge. Also if you have any previous dlc delete that first

RXtools just bring me to a blank screen.

I use mini pasta to gain access to BBM and import the Smash update. It successfully imports, but when I open up Smash, it keeps giving me the "need latest update" nag.

And how would I go about deleting previous DLC? I go into settings and delete any Smash updates and files.

Returnofganon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RXtools just bring me to a blank screen.

I use mini pasta to gain access to BBM and import the Smash update. It successfully imports, but when I open up Smash, it keeps giving me the "need latest update" nag.

And how would I go about deleting previous DLC? I go into settings and delete any Smash updates and files.
Hmm, what firmware is your emunand at? And yes thats how you delet the update files and the dlc. If you just want to delete the dlc delete the smaller file labeled dlc. The other one should be labeled update data and take up much more space.

shafty710

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, what firmware is your emunand at? And yes thats how you delet the update files and the dlc. If you just want to delete the dlc delete the smaller file labeled dlc. The other one should be labeled update data and take up much more space.

EmuNAND9 (2015/12/28)

Does that sound right? I'm not entirely sure as how to check it.

MetroidOtherS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i ran into the same problem as well. this is what i did. delete the file containing the update and dlc.
update ur emunand to 10.5 and then reinstall the update and dlc, it should work.

Returnofganon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EmuNAND9 (2015/12/28)

Does that sound right? I'm not entirely sure as how to check it.
Sorry this response is late but all you need to do is enter emunand and then go to settings. It should say what firmware you are on along with a custom string of text like RX-T or in my case Rei. Also what I am thinking is the problem is that you haven't updated your emunand firmware or you have an outdated version of rxtools. (3.0 is the latest I belive)

shafty710

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry this response is late but all you need to do is enter emunand and then go to settings. It should say what firmware you are on along with a custom string of text like RX-T or in my case Rei. Also what I am thinking is the problem is that you haven't updated your emunand firmware or you have an outdated version of rxtools. (3.0 is the latest I belive)

I got it to work! :) I had to update my emuNAND. Actually, my emuNAND was already created, but I had to unlink it from my sysNAND.

I'm not entirely sure what version of rxTools I have, but just for the sake of having the most up-to-date version, what would be the update process?
Just download the latest version I find online and drag-drop-and-replace all the files on my SD?

Returnofganon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it to work! :) I had to update my emuNAND. Actually, my emuNAND was already created, but I had to unlink it from my sysNAND.

I'm not entirely sure what version of rxTools I have, but just for the sake of having the most up-to-date version, what would be the update process?
Just download the latest version I find online and drag-drop-and-replace all the files on my SD?
Thats great! Tbh I have no Idea, I would just google a tutorial ;) Glad to help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool