Hacking Help running VC/WiiWare games from CFG loader MOD.

sideskroll

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hi guys.
Could somebody help me setting this up?
As the title says, I want to run VC and WiiWare from within CFG, you know. For the nice artwork and ease of use and integration.(if possible. if not, from neek2o. Whichever is better) instead of having to install the wads to the nand.
I'm using a Wii U. And I'd rather not install anything not ABSOLUTELY necessary to its nand.
Thanks.

Even a link to a tutorial would help.

sideskroll

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
*BUMP*
64 views and no help whatsoever?
Please? I try to help whenever I can. And *usually* users of this site are pretty good at trying to help one another (including myself)
So, what's the deal? No one knows or is everyone "too busy" with Nintendon't to try and give a fellow Gbatemper a hand?

sideskroll

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru

sideskroll

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I don't think you can run WADs. They are install packages.

Can neek2o really run WAD files without having to first install them to an emulated NAND? :O

Of cours. from an emunand... EMULATED nand...
In fact, there are games like Tintin (for Wii) that are ONLY playable from neek2o.
you just have to install the wad to the emunand.
I had the setup working back when I had a Wii, but now I can't find any tutorials or tips or anything for vWii.

sideskroll

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I asked if you you can play the WADs without installing them to an emunand.

You said "of course" and then said that you have to install the WAD to the emunand. Which is it?

Sorry, I didn't read your post correctly.
Yeah, obviously I have to install it to an emunand.
Anyway, While I do appreciate your help, I don't see how it could help me. First of all the app is for Wii, not vWii. (And even though I admit I'm not sure about this, I THINK wii and vWii apps don't always work the same on both systems.)
Furthermore, let's say the wad2iso app does work. It still doesn't tell me how to make a nand dump of my wiiu or how to "properly" install wads to it (besides showmiiwads, cause I remember some wads not working if installed with it)

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: sideskroll

sideskroll

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Not an answer but some input. I use emunand vwii in wiiflow and i cant say why but alot of wiiware doesnt work for me but it does perfectly on originall wii. Also you can dump your nand via wiiflow and i think usbloadergx. But do not dump the nand to any device with other things on it. Better to use a clean sd card to dump it to. Also this but took ages for me i dunno why https://gbatemp.net/threads/dump-mii-nand-a-bootmii-format-nand-bin-nand-dumper-for-vwii-wii.358977/

Already did (dumped nand with GX) it doesn't work with CFG though... It gives me a DSI exception EVERY time.
I think I once saw or heard a way of loading problematic wiiware (Like Castlevania rebirth) from within the loader by using some sort of plugin or something? It would be REALLY great to have at least 99% compatibility all across from within the same loader (be it GX or CFG)
I can't find anything about that plugin or whatever it was though... If anyone knows something could you share?
thanks-

Link'sSpiritualAwakening

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instead of messing with sNeek Neek Uneeks or whatever it is just use Wiiflow and create an emunand (for some reason you need to have next to nothing but wiiflow on SD to make it). One thing to note that for it to work properly you need the d2x installed that supports emunandy stuff. I thinking its called alt 53 or something. The only annoying part I guess is that you have to install the WADs to your SD using Showmiiwads on a PC.

Wiiflow will also work with your regular Wii dumps. So you'll have everything in one place except for Gamecube basically (unless its been updated to work with Nintendont? idk my build is like a year old)

Edit: Hmm I just tried Castlevania Rebirth and it didn't work. I guess a more intricate solution is needed. But every other VC/Wiiware game I've tried works including most custom virtual console titles. I don't know why this particular game doesnt work. Besides that there's like 99% compatibility with wiiware

Last edited by Link'sSpiritualAwakening,

wailer247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty much in the same situation. I've got neek2o setup properly and it runs. Now I want to be able to access the installed neek2o titles from the cfg loader on real nand. I edited the config.txt to "nand_emu_path=usb:/yourpath" so that it shows my vc/wiiware emu titles, but starting one of them just kicks me out to the homebrew channel. I've downloaded the neek2o plugin for use in cfg loader, and it's supposed to allow you to boot the title with neek2o. However, I'm not really sure how to use it, and I don't see any evidence of it doing anything. If you got it working or if anyone knows how to get it working, thatd be awesome.

Shinigami_Soul

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have the same problem. Searched for hours on google and even on yahoo and there's not anywhere teaching how to use plugins on cfg loader. Found about the edit of the config.txt, but not much more. You just create a folder called "plugins" on the "usb-loader" one and put the "neek2o.dol" file there? that's it?
Even researching about using neek2o on wiiflow is kinda of a mess because the tutorials are outdated (it says you need to modify a wiiflow.ini file that doesn't exist).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78: Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit...