Hacking Help Required - Unable to access Camera or Settings

jdx7777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi folks, would really like some help on this and GBAtemp has been a go-to for this kinda stuff for years.

Suddenly had an issue starting today with being unable to access the Camera or the Settings menu.
The Settings work on sysnand, but just gets a black screens on emunand. The camera doesn't work on either and gives an error followed by a crash when kicking me back to the Home Menu.

Current setup:
Gateway Emunand 10.7 (I believe, can't check for sure due to this issue)
Sysnand 9.2

Everything else works fine, last thing I did before finding this out was download Metroid Blast Ball from the eshop.

I know formatting the settings via a sysnand factory reset MIGHT do the trick, but have no idea how badly it'll fuck up my emunand.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi folks, would really like some help on this and GBAtemp has been a go-to for this kinda stuff for years.

Suddenly had an issue starting today with being unable to access the Camera or the Settings menu.
The Settings work on sysnand, but just gets a black screens on emunand. The camera doesn't work on either and gives an error followed by a crash when kicking me back to the Home Menu.

Current setup:
Gateway Emunand 10.7 (I believe, can't check for sure due to this issue)
Sysnand 9.2

Everything else works fine, last thing I did before finding this out was download Metroid Blast Ball from the eshop.

I know formatting the settings via a sysnand factory reset MIGHT do the trick, but have no idea how badly it'll fuck up my emunand.
Your emunand is most likely corrupt. Try using emunand9 or decrypt9 to revolt sysnand back to you emunand

jdx7777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Your emunand is most likely corrupt. Try using emunand9 or decrypt9 to revolt sysnand back to you emunand

The emunand, huh? What's the best way to go about this without losing a whole bunch?
Like I said all the network functionality still works and launching into emunand is still perfect. It really is JUST the Camera and System Settings that don't work.

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The emunand, huh? What's the best way to go about this without losing a whole bunch?
Like I said all the network functionality still works and launching into emunand is still perfect. It really is JUST the Camera and System Settings that don't work.
I'd snag your saves with savedatafiler before you do anything just in case. Anything you play on the GW itself has a sav file.

jdx7777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd snag your saves with savedatafiler before you do anything just in case. Anything you play on the GW itself has a sav file.
I've got a backup of everything I care about save-wise. (Mostly MHGen)

Would a corrupt emunand mess up the sysnand camera? I thought they were supposed to be - for the most part - separate for this very reason. =/

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a backup of everything I care about save-wise. (Mostly MHGen)

Would a corrupt emunand mess up the sysnand camera? I thought they were supposed to be - for the most part - separate for this very reason. =/
Probably. If system titles are slowly being messed up. It's possibly a bad SD card slowly dying as well. Data corrupts when sectors become bad.

jdx7777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Probably. If system titles are slowly being messed up. It's possibly a bad SD card slowly dying as well. Data corrupts when sectors become bad.

Is there any way to troubleshoot the cameras? It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't affect the Stable 3D as well.

I tried searching online for similar issues but its a mess. =/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.