Status
Not open for further replies.

AxlSt00pid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
TL;DR: Every program/homebrew that tries to init the camera either crashes or shows black screen where the camera should be

Long Version:
Hello!
I recently tried to take some pictures with my N3DS XL which is running B9S and Luma 8.1.1 and I was greeted with a nice error screen from luma's ErrDisp.

I instantly rebooted my N3DSXL and tried another camera function, same error appeared, even with ErrDisp disabled.

I tried starting the camera with L+R on the Home menu, but a pop-up message appeared saying An error has occurred, if the problem persists please contact Nintendo.
And then the console crashes on the screen that indicates that's returning to the home menu.

I installed the Legacy Build of Luma to see if it fixes it and it doesn't show any ErrDisp error, but the An Error has Occurred screen from Nintendo appears instead.

I also tried to reformat my SD Card and I also scanned it with H2testw and I still have the same problem

Later on I tried to scan a QR code with FBI, and it printed the following error on screen:
Error while capturing camera frames
Result code: 0xF9602FEF
Level: Fatal (31)
Summary: Internal (11)
Module: I2C (11)
Desc: No data (1007)

And 3DS Camera prints this error with ErrDisp:
An error has occurred (ErrDisp)

Error type: generic
Process ID: 41
Process name: CtrApp
Process title ID: 0x0004001000022400

Address: 0x0029b79c
Error code: 0xf9605002

Press any button to reboot

So basically everything that tries to init the camera either errors out and crashes or shows a black picture.

My N3DSXL hasn't been accidentally dropped to the ground since February, and everything worked fine (Last time I used my N3DSXL's camera was on August 5th )

Now my question is this: Is this a hardware problem or a software problem? Can I fix it somehow?

When I've got the time I will try to restore a previous NAND backup to see if it helps, but I seriously doubt it'll do anything.
Thank you very much for your replies (But everything points out to a hardware problem, which I won't be able to fix)

AxlSt00pid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Update: NAND backups don't do anything (As I expected) and Updating to 11.5 also doesn't do shit, so it's definetly a hardware problem somehow.

Great....

jaysea

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have the same problem with one of my 2ds-es. Did you find out how to fix it?
For my only the L+R, camera app and photos with mario crash. the outer camera's do work on other programs though.

Reactions: MrMcTiller

AxlSt00pid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have the same problem with one of my 2ds-es. Did you find out how to fix it?
For my only the L+R, camera app and photos with mario crash. the outer camera's do work on other programs though.
No I wasn't able to fix it, seems like a hardware problem but I don't have a single clue

appeltje_eitje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
my sons o3ds (aqua blue) has the same issue and we can`t put it in sleepmode too (close the lid or use a magnet) the system shut`s down if we try to do.. I can hold the magnet short and the sleepmode is on then and it will find other 3ds so.. but if i wait a sec too long it will turn off.. But furter we can use it just well..

Oh and the prolems were there before I cfw the 3ds.. And with the cfw the problems are the same..

Last edited by appeltje_eitje,

MrMcTiller

GBATemp's Tiller
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OH and, BTW... ErrDisp isn't part of Luma3ds. It was added in update 11.6. I think so at least... Anyway, I would try to launch the Camera app VIA FBI. It should give you an error. Maybe find a CIA of the Camera app and remove the current one. Then install the CIA of it. (MAKE A NAND BACKUP FIRST!!) Look online for the DSi camera app CIA and try to run the DSi Camera app. If that works, then it must be the 3DS Camera app itself.

AxlSt00pid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
OH and, BTW... ErrDisp isn't part of Luma3ds. It was added in update 11.6. I think so at least... Anyway, I would try to launch the Camera app VIA FBI. It should give you an error. Maybe find a CIA of the Camera app and remove the current one. Then install the CIA of it. (MAKE A NAND BACKUP FIRST!!) Look online for the DSi camera app CIA and try to run the DSi Camera app. If that works, then it must be the 3DS Camera app itself.
Already tried that, and no, the camera doesn't work even on DSi titles

Apparently, taking pictures with the DSi Camera broke the camera (according to one user)

appeltje_eitje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Where do I find dsi camera cia ? Or a dsi game that uses the dsi camera ???
But I thought I should open the 3ds and it would be a ribbon or something inside..
This 3ds wasn`t going on for over a year, it had the problems and later it wasn`t going on, so when my son tried putting it on and it did we where verr supprised..

Last edited by appeltje_eitje,

MrMcTiller

GBATemp's Tiller
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I thought I should open the 3ds and it would be a ribbon or something inside..
This 3ds wasn`t going on for over a year, it had the problems and later it wasn`t going on, so when my son tried putting it on and it did we where verr supprised..
Look online for it. Google is your friend

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My niece's 2DS gets this error. Basically, your camera ribbon has been damaged or disconnected. The camera ribbon is super delicate and thin as bonito flakes.

If you open up your device, the camera ribbon should be the black ribbon (on new 3DS) in the top-right corner next to TWO other ribbons. Be gentle as fuck because it can tear easily. Just reseat the ribbon connection and reassemble the device. You might need to purchase a new camera ribbon, which can run you $15-25 on Ebay.

I don't understand what it is you want.

Last edited by Pluupy,

jaysea

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I actualy dit remove the camera app and reinstalled using a software update. Their problem remains the same. Also installing remote in FBI (opening camera in FBI) does work and I can scan a qr to install cia’s. It seems the front facing camera isn’t working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...