Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I hope anyone can help me with my problem. I downloaded the Pk3ds project and debugged it with Visual Studio 2010 Express to start the tool and create a .exe data. But when I will open the "a" folder, nothing happend! This was after a reboot. Before this reboot, this program works fine and let me open the "a" folder...

What do you think is the problem here?

Thanks in advance for any help!

-Traiver

Reactions: XRaidersP

jastolze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I notice that when there's any files or folders that aren't part of the original Garc set you extracted from the rom, it will refuse to do anything. Make sure there's not a single other file or folder in the folder 'a'. Otherwise, it won't work. You may also have to re-extract the files again from the rom.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I notice that when there's any files or folders that aren't part of the original Garc set you extracted from the rom, it will refuse to do anything. Make sure there's not a single other file or folder in the folder 'a'. Otherwise, it won't work. You may also have to re-extract the files again from the rom.

+1
Look if you have other files/folders exept original GARC

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pk3DS was rewritten to be able to edit more files since the last release. Load the following way: Get a folder with two subfolders, one for romfs and one for exefs. ROMNAME/exefs/... ROMNAME/romfs/... drop ROMNAME in.

Reactions: Traiver

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pk3DS was rewritten to be able to edit more files since the last release. Load the following way: Get a folder with two subfolders, one for romfs and one for exefs. ROMNAME/exefs/... ROMNAME/romfs/... drop ROMNAME in.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France

The last release is "pk3DS.v0.2.zip" right ?

jastolze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any files with a different extension? If not, you may need to extract the RomFS again and start over :/

Traiver

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You mean, I must create a folder, which are 2 subfolders in. (exeFS & romFS) What do I put in these two folders? The ExtractedRom&ExeFS?

jastolze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You shouldn't have to mess with those folders. Did you decrypt the rom properly?

Also, how did you even edit the wild encounters if you couldn't open the garc files in PK3DS? Better yet, how did you manage to fix the bugs with status condition moves that I couldn't even remove? I'd really like to know for my next hack.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I've tried to use the new version as well. For whatever reason it's not accepting my new folder structure. I've edited some things with Pk3DS with the previous release. Not sure if that effects the outcome I'm getting or not...

The file paths I'm using:

OmegaRuby\ExeFS\ (the 3 bin files. icon.bin, code.bin, and the banner.bin files are within this folder)
OmegaRuby\RomFS\ (contents of extracted RomFS folder)
OmegaRuby\exHeader.bin (not sure if I need this right now or not. Did try it without this file present and no difference)

Not sure at this point where I point it to. Pointing it to the "a" folder like in previous builds doesn't work anymore. As you suggested, I restructured my rom for the new build and pointed it to my "OmegaRuby" folder. Still nothing. :(

I've recompiled the latest source code so I know for sure I got the latest build right now. :P

EDIT: I did check the "a" folder. There are no files in it that there should not be. (like extracted GARC folders and what not from other programs like RSTE/RSTW).

I did use RSTE/RSTW back when they were separate programs on my original randomizer. Of coarse once I was done I repacked with GARCTool and deleted the extracted folders it created. I then deleted the old garc files I changed and renamed the ones generated by GARCTool while repacking to no longer have a file extension like the original. So the folder structure of my "a" folder is still correct even after I transitioned to using the original release of PK3DS.

I'm still in the middle of LPing the randomizer of the rom I built. I really do not want to start over on it. Please don't tell me I have to restore the original files. Not sure why the program would check for this as many might use it on a rom that's been edited before....

EDIT2:

Well I did add "wild eggs" to my randomizer by editing the source code of RSTW (original version with randomizer, not the one currently part of PK3DS) so I can add a pokemon species at pokedex entry 722 to the routes of my choosing. (non existant and technically considered a MissingNo pokemon).

The randomizer functions seem to have not worked correctly after doing so, so I used the unedited copy of RSTW to randomize first, then add the wild eggs manually to a few routes afterwords with my customized version of RSTW.

Worked fine ingame on my initial test on route 101. Wild Egg acts like a normal MissingNo. No moves or ability. But if I encounter one in my randomiizer, I'll catch it and randomize it's moves off screen like I did my starters. :P (also Wild Egg along with the other MissingNo's appear to have a default 0 catch rate so they are always catchable on the first try)

Would be nice to be able to define a proper species for pokedex entry 722, but the current tools can't create new pokemon species yet. :P

The interesting thing about "Wild Egg" (egg that can be used in battle) is that it's basically just a MissingNo. I tried other non existent pokedex entries like 723 and beyond and they are all the same. Just Bulbasaurs with no abilities or moves.

But the odd thing is that MissingNo on the pokedex entry 722 instead uses the Egg model. (everything else like battle cry and what not are the same as the rest).

Interesting why the game chose that for this particular pokemon. When I caught it ingame while testing route 101, the model displayed while "registering" the pokemon in the pokedex had the Bulbasaur model like the rest. But the menu icon and it's in battle sprite/model is that of an Egg. :P

Perhaps the new build of PK3DS is not liking the MissingNos I added to the encounter tables. .... I don't want to redo my randomization that would kinda invalidate my current LP of the randomizer I'm doing. :P

If that's the case let me know. I can maybe fix this by adding "Wild Egg" to the species list so it might then accept my current rom. The reason I still need to use PK3DS with this rom is that I'd like to eventually replace the "fainted" text in the game text editor to read as "dead" and "died" in the battle text so that it matches the theme of doing a nuzlocke. I found the related entries, but my current method of building the rom means that I must have the game patch for it to boot correctly. And the game patch currently overrides certain things like game text. Thus the reason why I still have unfinished work to do on my randomizer rom that I'm LPing. I would like to somehow get wild egg added as a proper species entry and randomize it's moveset and ability, but that probably won't be possible for awhile. Guess I'll just have to do it manually when I do encounter it like I originally planned.

Also, another thing I tested is that MissingNo's (when generated correctly I would assume) do not transform into Bad Eggs like they might have in previous gen games. Bad Eggs don't really seem to be much of an occurrence this generation. The reported Bad Eggs from Pokemon X/Y might have been a hardware fluke?

No one's really hacked the game to allow catching pokemon from trainers, so hard to tell if Bad Egg functions the same way. But MissingNos added as encounterable pokemon on routes do not result in BadEggs. Maybe Gamefreak thought the added security/encryption of the 3DS system would be enough and decided to tone down the Bad Egg stuff. :P

Another thing that I would have loved to see is what pokemon the game would generate if I tried to set a pokemon as pokedex entry 0 on a route somewhere. But currently as the way the tools and PkHeX are currently programmed, I can't really do that. So the end result of that will continue to be a mystery to me. :P

EDIT3:

Tried with unedited unpacked RomFS. Same result. Won't open it. Had nothing to do with my wild eggs. :(

Perhaps adding the option to manually define all the base paths instead of using auto detection. It's just not working for me. :P

Reactions: jastolze

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
romfs needs to be decapitalized (same for exefs); I only upload somewhat stable releases, there's still stuff that has to be done (like idiotproofing and making everything clear)

Code:
                    if (new FileInfo(files[0]).Name.Contains("exe") && Directory.Exists(files[0]))
                        checkIfExeFS(files[0]);
                    if (new FileInfo(files[count - 1]).Name.Contains("rom") && Directory.Exists(files[count - 1]))
                        checkIfRomFS(files[count - 1]);

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
romfs needs to be decapitalized (same for exefs); I only upload somewhat stable releases, there's still stuff that has to be done (like idiotproofing and making everything clear)

Code:
                        checkIfExeFS(files[0]);
                    if (new FileInfo(files[count - 1]).Name.Contains("rom") && Directory.Exists(files[count - 1]))

I tried that. Didn't work. I can try the exe release instead of compiling the current source code though...

EDIT: Current release doesn't have the new features. However compiling the new source and hitting yes on the new dialog fixed the issue for me. It appears to work now. :D

The ExeFS stuff is grayed out. Guessing that's not ready yet? I edited some game text with the game text editor and it saved without errors like the old build used to do. Seems to be more stable for me. :D

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried that. Didn't work. I can try the exe release instead of compiling the current source code though...

EDIT: Current release doesn't have the new features. However compiling the new source and hitting yes on the new dialog fixed the issue for me. It appears to work now. :D

The ExeFS stuff is grayed out. Guessing that's not ready yet? I edited some game text with the game text editor and it saved without errors like the old build used to do. Seems to be more stable for me. :D

exefs only is enabled if the code.bin is present and is decompressed.

it should prompt to decompress if it is compressed on load; if that doesn't happen just drag in code.bin. You can always set a breakpoint in the checkIfExeFS method and step through it.

giKIa.jpg

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
so the folder names don't have "fs" at the end. Might be the issue. I'll take off fs from the file names. :P

EDIT: Ok now it works. renamed "code.bin" to ".code.bin" Not sure why I have to have a period at the start of the file name, but whatever. :P

I eagerly await a randomizer for the TMs. :D

Traiver

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Code:
                        checkIfExeFS(files[0]);

Where do I put these code exactly in? (ExeFS.cs & RomFS.cs)

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
He was showing the code to indicate to me what file names my folders should be. I don't think it will be of use to you especially if you are not familiar with compiling the source code.

The move editor seems to crash right now. The moment I try to use it, I get the standard windows crash dialog that forces me to close it. :(

Traiver

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He was showing the code to indicate to me what file names my folders should be. I don't think it will be of use to you especially if you are not familiar with compiling the source code.

The move editor seems to crash right now. The moment I try to use it, I get the standard windows crash dialog that forces me to close it. :(

Yes but the thing is, that I want to know why my version of pk3ds which I have only debugged is not working on my system. The old version works fine. I have the exact path which Kaphotics has described but its not working when I try to open the folder... Nothing happend at this point.

So... Any news on answering my question? Which was how you fixed the status conditions bug I originally had? Would be appreciative if you could enlighten me on that.

I figured out, that your version works fine but the wild encounter was too much, that the game will be freeze on DexNav. Simply fix this little bug and it works fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.