Homebrew Help on Sm4sh Modding

Pokenisu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm trying to install this mod: https://gamebanana.com/skins/148006 and I have a 5.5.2 Wii U, so without Haxchi I tried to use the HBL version of SDCafiine and when I tried to run SSB4, it freeze at the loading screen. What I am doing bad? I need Haxchi? Could someone give me the files that I have to put at the SD?

Note: I came from 3DS hacking so plz use words that I can understand.

RyanAnayaMc

The ACE
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need Haxchi. Haxchi is simply an easier entry point into homebrew (akin to the now obsolete Menuhax).
For using SDCafiine, make sure your folder structure looks like this:
SD
-sdcafiine
--0005000010144F00
---<modpack name>
----patch
Change that number string to the game ID for Smash 4 in your region, that one there is for Sm4sh USA.

RyanAnayaMc

The ACE
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's EUR, then make sure you have the right game ID (0005000010145000). Also, I think compiled modpacks are region-specific. The pre-built version you found on Gamebanana might be USA, so you'll have to grab a EUR game dump somehow and make a EUR version using Sm4shExplorer. That could be why the game is crashing - invalid region modpack.

Pokenisu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Oh thanks, ok then, but, with 5.5.2 I can make a dump or I have to drag of some random guy? And can you send me a tutorial of how change the region of the modpack?

RyanAnayaMc

The ACE
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is possible to dump your own game on 5.5.2. However, what I did was just download the game with Wii U USB Helper and unpack it using the same program. I did the same with the update and overwritten the game dump with the update files. You can't change the region of a modpack once it's compiled - you'll just have to build the modpack yourself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s