Help? No more memory on Dios Mios Lite?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by gorillagrod290, Jun 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Jun 16, 2012
    • Newcomer

gorillagrod290 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Let me start off by saying that I just started using Dios Mios Lite. Also, I just made a gbatemp account so sorry if this is in the wrong section. My memory card stopped working so I want to find out how to activate no more memory. I don't know what SNEEK is or what NAND is and I don't think my wii has it. How do you install the latest NMM without SNEEK or NAND? What do I need to do?

Shano56 noobie

Message Count:
    United States
    im sorry but if your Wii doesn't have a NAND, you wont be able to do much with it. Assuming you do have a NAND, we can go on...

as for NMM, I think its set by the loader, so whatever loader you use, it should have an option. Good luck!
    • Newcomer

Message Count:
    United States
    Oh. In that case I'll find out how to install a NAND.Thanks for the reply.

LWares87 The 'Wise' Merchant

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    NMM (No More Memory) comes included within DML's code. Depending on which loader you use, you can choose to have it enabled and still use your memory card or save to your SD Card instead. If it's disabled, then you can use your memory card as normal.

It's easily configurable though, as long as you understand how it works and functions

By the way... A NAND is the Wii's file system, just like with a computer's operating system. It's what makes the system menu and everything else work. making modifications to your own console is dangerous, unless you know what you're doing...

Anyway... Sneek is something which uses a emulated NAND and loads it from either a external Hard Disk Drive or an SD Card.

If you have any other questions, don't be afraid to ask and hopefully someone should be able to help you as best as they can, even if there isn't a positive outcome.
    • Newcomer

Message Count:
    United States
    Thank you. I didn't even know that. There's a lot I have to learn.

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Your welcome...

Edit: by the way... If you need the topic locked, just say and it will be done.

It's your thread, your call...

Shano56 noobie

Message Count:
    United States
    lol why would he want the thread locked

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    That all depends, whether or not he's done with the thread or wishes to ask something else.

He started it and he has the right to ask for it to be closed, either that or just leave it to die slowly like most other threads have... Sinking to the inner forgotten darkest depths of the forum (I'm not referring to "The Edge of the Forum").

Anyway, I should of really edited that post... :/

fatherjack New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    maybe..............to stop douches like you posting any further unhelpful posts like........
    "im sorry but if your Wii doesn't have a NAND, you wont be able to do much with it"

The guy told you he was just startin' out with homebrew - stop confusing him even more

@gorillagrod290
    Like LWares87 was gettin at, if you state what loader method you're using you may get a little more specific help.
    Also bear in mind not all games have compatability with NMM.
    see the list here:
    http://wiki.gbatemp....patibility_List

Shano56 noobie

Message Count:
    United States
    douches like me? heh. I was under the impression I actually made a helpful post

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    @[member='Shano56']: I think, you were just trying to be sarcastic.

Anyway... It's not his fault that he didn't know what a NAND is. To be perfectly honest, I could of said something else (but... we won't go there, as it's a bit rude).

It doesn't hurt to have a "second opinion" sometimes, especailly if I'm already correct about my own answer.

Shano56 noobie

Message Count:
    United States
    I wasn't being rude, I was being slightly sarcastic, and informing him at the same time. Now if I was to say something like "oh herp derp of couse you got a NAND dumbass" i could see how that would be taken as douchy.
    • Newcomer

Message Count:
    United States
    OK. I tried out activated NMM on wiiflow and tested it out. It didn't work. Then I tested it with USB Loader GX. It worked perfectly. Thanks LWares87.Is there a button or something to lock this thread? I want it locked.

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    once again, your welcome. :)

Just say the magic words and it will happen... or just message once of the moderators, don't report the thread as it isn't the right way to go about it.

If it were possible, I would personally lock the thread for you (I can't anyway, as I haven't got either the respective powers or rights to do it...)
    • Global Moderator

FIX94 Global Moderator

Message Count:
    Germany
    I dont like the fact it doesnt work in wiiflow, I hope you tested it with the latest mod r485. Well thread locked as requested.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.