Help needed with Two-Step Verification

Super.Nova

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hello, fellow Tempers.

I've always had trouble logging in with TSV and it had bothered me alot recently.
Am I the only one who's facing multiple attempts at it to log in?
Is there any way to disable or at least fix this?
And how do I use backup codes for logging in?

And for the moderators:
Could you implement a verification app like Google Authenticator for login process alongside currently used methods?

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance!

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, fellow Tempers.

I've always had trouble logging in with TSV and it had bothered me alot recently.
Am I the only one who's facing multiple attempts at it to log in?
Is there any way to disable or at least fix this?
And how do I use backup codes for logging in?

And for the moderators:
Could you implement a verification app like Google Authenticator for login process alongside currently used methods?

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance!

Google Authenticator is already used for 2-step verification

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Minox and shaunj66

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I dont get it...

1) you are having trouble to use the authenticator but yet you are authenticated

2) you are asking for Google authenticator support while it's currently to my knowledge the only app that we currently support (unless there are clones of google authenticator)

you will need to be more accurate than this if you need help? :)

By the way, authenticator applications are based on the assumption that your device is synchronized with the global time servers. Our web server synchronizes every hour FYI. If your device time is out of sync, you may run into issues.

Super.Nova

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I dont get it...

1) you are having trouble to use the authenticator but yet you are authenticated

2) you are asking for Google authenticator support while it's currently to my knowledge the only app that we currently support (unless there are clones of google authenticator)

you will need to be more accurate than this if you need help? :)

By the way, authenticator applications are based on the assumption that your device is synchronized with the global time servers. Our web server synchronizes every hour FYI. If your device time is out of sync, you may run into issues.
I can log in after a couple of attempts using normal email method but it's troublesome as it won't always work.
I was wondering if an authentication tool could be used as I suggested Google's but didn't know it already was.
I tried the Code log-in method using the same email I have here with Google Authenticator and the generated code didn't work, leading me to assume it wasn't supported.

It may be important to note that all my browsing is done on mobile.
Entering the code I get by email returns with a "settings saved" notification or something similar indicating it worked but then returns to the same page where I need to enter email code again to log in.

ViDeOmAnCiNi-temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have all sorts of issues with the 2-step in that I changed phones and now I am screwed on getting back into my old, non "-temp" account. It's on me that I did not screen shot the back up codes (I thought I did but I cannot find the picture) so I am locked out of that account right now. I'd really like it if a MOD could PM me about what I can provide to get the 2-step turned off on my old "ViDeOmAnCiNi" account and then I can use it again. thank you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: