Help - Need WEP/Open router for DS Lite

colt05

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys;
Is there a router/hotspot program for PC that will create a hotspot? I cannot use Ad-Hoc on my DS Lite. If there is none then that is OK.
Thanks,
colt05

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
connectify

search and use it
the problem is that is shareware..

also, if you got windows 8, there is an option you can choose to easily make a hotstpot...

lolz5521

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Connectify is on of the program you might want to check t out. But it discconnect every 30 minutes, So yeah it's a kind of chore. There's another way without using software but more technical and involving command prompt.

colt05

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Connectify is on of the program you might want to check t out. But it discconnect every 30 minutes, So yeah it's a kind of chore. There's another way without using software but more technical and involving command prompt.
I tried connectify; no wep or open.

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I tried connectify; no wep or open.
hint hint, get a special free version from that special website...

or as i told. if you use windows 8 there is a built in feature...

you can also try the street pass relay tutorials, i used them to make a wifi relay that worked with the ds..

lolz5521

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I have done some googling and it's really hard now to find a WEP encrypted sharing sortware. Maybe the only solution is to buy a usb stick.

colt05

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

you can also try the street pass relay tutorials, i used them to make a wifi relay that worked with the ds..
?

I have done some googling and it's really hard now to find a WEP encrypted sharing sortware. Maybe the only solution is to buy a usb stick.
Oh, ok.

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
use a damn cracked version of connectify, the free version is limited, and the full price is too expensive for use with only one or 2 uses specially if nintendo servers are shutted down...

if you get a usb stick you still need to configure it, and if you already have a wireless card, its a waste of money.
btw, your pc will be needed to be connected to cable, you can not use the same wireless card for both internet and hotspot...

colt05

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use a damn cracked version of connectify, the free version is limited, and the full price is too expensive for use with only one or 2 uses specially if nintendo servers are shutted down...

if you get a usb stick you still need to configure it, and if you already have a wireless card, its a waste of money.
btw, your pc will be needed to be connected to cable, you can not use the same wireless card for both internet and hotspot...
Oh thanks

Which Windows 8 feature? Will it also be included in Windows 10?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey guys;
Is there a router/hotspot program for PC that will create a hotspot? I cannot use Ad-Hoc on my DS Lite. If there is none then that is OK.
Thanks,
colt05
It's possible your router has a Guest Wifi feature that you can use, if so you can just enable it temporarily when you need to use the DS online.
Otherwise Connectify (paid/cracked) is your best bet, but I had trouble getting it to work with my 3DS, it wouldn't see the wifi at all even though other devices could connect just fine.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys;
Thanks,
colt05

get a cheap access point or router than can run DD-WRT and use that to create a dual purpose hotspot that can serve as both Streetpass Reley and to connect to the DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 10180p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality