Hardware [Help] n3DS XL Painting

Conrad_Hart

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I recently got a used n3DS Xl MM Edition that is in perfect working condition, but has got quite a lot of scratches on the top and bottom of the shell. The scratches aren't very deep so I was wondering if I should buff the shell with some Maguiar's Ultimate Compound (it's a car polish), but I'm not sure if it will work. On the otherhand I could paint the entire 3DS. I was thinking about going completely black with maybe a design on the top. But if I paint the hinge would that effect the open/closing of the device? I want to disguise a scratch on it that bothered me quite a bit (I'm pretty OCD). Sorry for the long post, will upload pictures soon.

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I recently got a used n3DS Xl MM Edition that is in perfect working condition, but has got quite a lot of scratches on the top and bottom of the shell. The scratches aren't very deep so I was wondering if I should buff the shell with some Maguiar's Ultimate Compound (it's a car polish), but I'm not sure if it will work. On the otherhand I could paint the entire 3DS. I was thinking about going completely black with maybe a design on the top. But if I paint the hinge would that effect the open/closing of the device? I want to disguise a scratch on it that bothered me quite a bit (I'm pretty OCD). Sorry for the long post, will upload pictures soon.
you can buy a new set of housing of the MM edition for 13 dollars on aliexpress, they are very good.

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
MFW it sais shipped from China :glare:
i live in the netherlands and it took 6 days to arrive.
both of these were bought on aliexpress, arrived fast.

IMG_0489.JPG IMG_0488.JPG IMG_0309.JPG IMG_0495.JPG

Last edited by Dennis G,
Reactions: NekoMichi

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Are they authentic or "made in China"?
don't think they are clones. they are to well made, the pikachu one is a asia exclusive, you won't get it anyway outside of asia so :P
don't forget the real ones are made in china aswell. but i think these are as "real" as they can get :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)