Hardware [HELP] n3ds xl hardmod. Konsole died on blue screen

Resset

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi! I have a bricked n3ds xl and I have decided to restore my NAND backup. Everything went well but... After some attempts of reconnecting it to sd reader (Transcend p8) it turned off and never came back to life.

Now when I try to switch on the console it doesnt do anything. No leds, no sound, nothing. It's dead. It just was powered on blue screen and after a while it lost the Power and the story begins.

The battery is charging correctly.

Has anybody experienced similar problem? Is there any chance to recover it or sould I buy a new one?

Cheers!

Resset

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
And I ripped off the CLK from motherboard. After desoldering it with a wire still it's not powering on.

Is there any service shop that sells working motherboards for EUR n3ds xl?

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could take a look at it because I do a lot of hardware mods with minute soldering. I couldn't guarantee a fix. I've seen this similar issue when the top LCD ribbon cable was inserted upside down, causing the 3DS to hang on boot. However, if that were the case, the blue LED should at least be on.

Resset

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I could take a look at it because I do a lot of hardware mods with minute soldering. I couldn't guarantee a fix. I've seen this similar issue when the top LCD ribbon cable was inserted upside down, causing the 3DS to hang on boot. However, if that were the case, the blue LED should at least be on.
If you want to I can send you this motherboard to look at it coz honestly I have mo bloody idea what happened with it.

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
And I ripped off the CLK from motherboard. After desoldering it with a wire still it's not powering on.

Is there any service shop that sells working motherboards for EUR n3ds xl?
Could you take a picture of the CLK located area to see the damages ?
I will tell you if repair is possible.

PS : Test any CLK point with GND (with multimeter) to see if there is short circuit.

Last edited by milerwan,

Resset

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
My friend has fixed the CLK that was ripped off. Unfortunately it still doesn't power on. I guess I need to buy a new console anyway though i think if the CLK was broken it would show just blue bootrom screen due to damaged memory.

Last edited by Resset,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol