HELP! My Samsung Galaxy S6 is stuck in a bootloop!

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks! I think I'm going to root with CF-AutoRoot since TWRP gets removed on reboot for me.
I would personally install recovery and flash supersu or magisk via twrp. But good luck. Glad I could help

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks! I think I'm going to root with CF-AutoRoot since TWRP gets removed on reboot for me.
Or install twrp and install a custom rom that's pre rooted

Reactions: Roomsaver
D

Deleted User

Use Kies to get drivers then use Odin [Which is pretty unstable when it comes to actually flashing anything -_-] to flash it.
You only flash TWRP Recovery via PC, not from phone side. That's why you got stuck on bootloop, you can't do everything from Android side.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yup! Everything went well! Thanks for all your help!
Also, I can't flash TWRP since as soon as it boots into Android TWRP is removed.
You may he able to flash twrp and without booting into android just flash a custom rom.

But if you're happy as is it's your call

Roomsaver

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You may he able to flash twrp and without booting into android just flash a custom rom.

But if you're happy as is it's your call
I like the "stock" (In quotes since it's actually Samsung) Android I have. I think I might be able to do everything backwards, get root with CF-Auto root, flash TWRP, and then flash Magisck.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I like the "stock" (In quotes since it's actually Samsung) Android I have. I think I might be able to do everything backwards, get root with CF-Auto root, flash TWRP, and then flash Magisck.
Cool, as long as you're happy and everything is working then alls good.

Glad we got it sorted for you

Reactions: Roomsaver

Roomsaver

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great news! I got root access using CF-Auto-Root, installed Magisk (unfortunately I'm using SuperSU and not MagiskSU), and then flashed TWRP using Terminal Emulator. I now have root, SuperSU, and a custom recovery (and a custom ROM later if I decide I want that). Thanks everyone!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade...