Hacking Help my n3ds bricked

blackblaze

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I was upgrading my n3ds to 9.5 with 3dsnus and it was working fine until i turned it off. Now I am stuck on a black screen with a blue light. Also, like an idiot, I formatted the computer the nand backup was on so I dont have that anymore. Is there anything I can do now? My warranty should still be active.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I was upgrading my n3ds to 9.5 with 3dsnus and it was working fine until i turned it off. Now I am stuck on a black screen with a blue light. Also, like an idiot, I formatted the computer the nand backup was on so I dont have that anymore. Is there anything I can do now? My warranty should still be active.
No its now a door stop but I would love to buy the red Wifi antenna inside of it if you plan on dissecting it for laughs/knowledge.

Also your not supposed to attempt upgrading Sysnand to 9.5 using SysUpdater especially if you did it using a gateway card there's even a bold red disclaimer in the app not to do so. (why do this you would kill any and all exploits)

goober

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take this as a lesson to have more than one backup and always have an online one as well. Some have had success with Nintendo repairing bricked systems but never for free and it's a crapshoot, and you'd get it back fully updated and if you had any legit digital software you won't get it back. (not without a struggle at least)

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
dump an image of your hard drive and search for NCSD.

wacky idea but it may work.

blackblaze

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True if he has Emunand setup and its 9.2 or lower he can use Emunand Tool backup the Nand from Emunand and flash it to his Sysnand with a hardmod.
How would this work? My emunand was on 9.0 before my fail attempt at upgrading

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

dump an image of your hard drive and search for NCSD.

wacky idea but it may work.
Thank you for you help but I was unable to find NCSD T.T

Take this as a lesson to have more than one backup and always have an online one as well. Some have had success with Nintendo repairing bricked systems but never for free and it's a crapshoot, and you'd get it back fully updated and if you had any legit digital software you won't get it back. (not without a struggle at least)
I know dude T.T. I was too hasty to upgrade to windows 10 so i formatted my computer backing up what I thought was everything.

Shoot. even if it's greater than 9.2, it's better than a brick. Also, has he tried safe mode?
Thats pressing L+R+A+up right? If so, I have already tried it.

blackblaze

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rename your Sd card to GATEWAYNAND

@blackblaze edit
I did just now and it is giving the same error

Are you sure you set it up, or was it a CFW that uses sysNAND?
This is the SD i have been using for the gateway exploit. I use the gateway card to access the files on it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 10180p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality