Hardware [Help] My computer is not reading my USB after formatting it to FAT32

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i've been trying to get my 128 GB USB to work with my Wii so i formatted it to FAT32. Something happend however after taking it out of my computer a few times and it seemed to have gotten corrupted.
Neither of my computers will recognize it. My computer that is running windows 7 will make a "Duh-Duh" noise, signifying that something has been plugged in, yet nothing will show up.
I have tried going to Device Manager on both of my computers but neither will show the 128 GB flash drive. At one point, my windows 7 computer did show my flash drive but it had an "unknown size." Now, it doesn't show up at all.

Is my flash drive toast? I'm really starting to worry.

johnbus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best way I've found to format corrupted media is installing a Linux live CD on a different flash drive, and boot into that.

Linux tends to be a lot more forgiving when it comes to formatting, but the process may be somewhat harder if you aren't used to it.

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best way I've found to format corrupted media is installing a Linux live CD on a different flash drive, and boot into that.

Linux tends to be a lot more forgiving when it comes to formatting, but the process may be somewhat harder if you aren't used to it.
ive done something similar when the Win10 update killed my laptop hardrive. I used Ubuntu to fix it.

I'm willing to try it, but version of linux did you use and what did you do in the OS to format your media? What were the conditions surrounding it? Did your computer make a noise whenever you plugged it in? Did Device Management recognize it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, ohkay