Homebrew Help! My 3DS won't load homebrew!

Ledbylight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just replace the boot.firm?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok replaced and running 7.1, but now I can't open the Rosalina menu cause it's an older release. How do I get into homebrew?

Ledbylight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I tried... When I replace Luma 7.1 with with 8.0, I can get into the homebrew channel, just none of my apps boot

nitroBW

warum nicht?
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I couldn't launch FBI via the homebrew channel in the guide. So I didin't get it installed by the CIA :(
Ah, the guide got changed again, good to know. Wonderful how Plailect and Aurora kinda fucked this up.

Anyway, you can try either re-downloading Luma 8.0 here, replace the boot.firm again and hope that it works or try downloading a luma hourly here, replace the boot.firm and hope that it works.
Replace the boot.3dsx on the root of your SD card with this one after reupdating to Luma 8.0, seems to be a fix for not working *hax payloads, maybe it'll help. This won't fix the exception handlers though.

If it still doesn't work then, you can try asking on the homebrew discord for more support.

Your current setup only allows Luma 8.0 to work.
Regardless of it may causing a ban, I really recommend installing HBL and FBI as cias, just so stuff like this doesn't happen/ is easier to fix, then downgrading to Luma 7.1, because of these annoying exception handlers we are forced to see, you will be missing Rosalina though.
It's your choice.

Last edited by nitroBW,

Ledbylight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't mind installing them as CIA's, or missing the Rosalina menu. I will try using the 3dsx and firm file :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OH MY GOSH! Thank you so much! Idk if it was the new homebrew launcher or what, but I can launch my hombrew apps now :D

Reactions: nitroBW

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte