ROM Hack Help me with narc

Sliter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
in short, I want someway that I could "unpack" or "open" narc files and pack again as .narc/ change whats inside in a simpler way... it's possible?

In long, we are doing the pokémon Platinum translation to PT-BR, the narc file with the text are being edited with the "DS text editor",that read the file and show in a way we can edit them. Each translator do some of these files, then to put together the way I have is to extract what they have edited and replace in a new one that are gathering the translated ones... the problem is that there are like 800 files, so I would like an easier way to "narc" them.

One thing that may be a issue is that the files have " no name", for example if I name the narc as "a" the files names will be shown as "a001" , "a002" and something like this.When openned in the text editor it shown only as numbers

Last edited by Sliter,

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
can't you unpack that narc, and use github or similair to shove all the files in 1 place and each of you can more easily multi edit them?
or the problem is, the program you are using doesn't let you export and import the files inside?

Sliter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
can't you unpack that narc, and use github or similair to shove all the files in 1 place and each of you can more easily multi edit them?
or the problem is, the program you are using doesn't let you export and import the files inside?
yes, this, the text editor don't let me export or import a "bank"(how each file is called there), only see and edit then .. my plan was to put everything already edited in a folder and then "pack" as nac and replace the game's one... I can do until the folder part with thinke, but the rest :v

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is a program called narctool, there is also a pokemon specific branch of it that handles the name issues that some of those had. That should allow you to repack and unpack things as necessary.

There is also a program called narcexplorer but I have played with that less
https://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/utilities/download-narc-explorer-2-0-f8738.html

NARC (and CARC) is a common format in DS games so there are several bigger tools which can handle things, not sure about crystaltile2's support but tinke and mkds course modifier have some stuff.
Alternatively it is not that hard to manually extract and insert individual files.

Reactions: Sliter

Sliter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've got some problem when I looked for these a time ago but I don't remind why, so I gonna try again XD Thanks!
Yes, manually in Tinke is really easy but doing one by one with the chance to mess the order .. .A. happened when I tried to compile the demo but anyway XD

oh just tested this one you liked here, I tried to open the pl_msg.narc on the "load NARC", all it shown is an small folder and nothing to do with it.
narc.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Nvm i'm not sleeping right now