Hacking [Help], Is that a brick?

Bewolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have been using luma 3ds for a few days without any problems, but yesterday it started freezing, after I tried to add Custome themes and splashes. The real problem is, When I tried to launch PcHex, I had a red screen on the bottom and a Weird glitched screen on the top. Since then, I get a black screen on boot, with the power lights working. I managed to boot sdless on the luma settings, but I cant do it anymore. I can boot in recovery mode tho.Anyone who can tell me if its a bricked for good or if it can be fixed?
I am using a new 3ds xl

Here what the files on my sd card looks
Luma.PNG
Sd1.PNG
ah9nl.PNG

Forgot to Mention, Im kind of a noob, so yhea...

Last edited by Bewolf,

Bewolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am pretty unsure about the recovery mode update, since last time I had a brick, I tried to update through it, but in doing that I cause and irrecoverable brick and had to change my board.

Deleted member 388531

Trophies
XP
I am pretty unsure about the recovery mode update, since last time I had a brick, I tried to update through it, but in doing that I cause and irrecoverable brick and had to change my board.
Use h2testw,it'll check your sdcard for anything wrong. It's most likely a problem with the sdcard and not the 3ds as @OrGoN3 mentioned above.

Reactions: OrGoN3

Bewolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nope it aint the sd card , so the solutions left are a hardmod or to try to update?
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 14.8 MByte/s
Reading speed: 20.7 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Your choice. If the update works, good but you loose a9lh but it will confirm it working.
You can hardmod and see if it works. If it does done, if not you just wasted time and money.
I suggest you try to do the update and if that works use a hardmod to restore your previous nand as it will restore a9lh.

Bewolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, now im F***ed I cannot even launch the recorevery mode anymore, all I get,whatever I do ,Is a black screen with the blue power light going on

Edit: Nervermind then, It decided to launch, trying to update now.
And just asking, anyone who knows someone who does hardmods in québec?

Edit 2:The situation got weirder, I can now boot and then insert the sd card, but I cannot boot with the card, What the hell is going on???

Last edited by Bewolf,

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, now im F***ed I cannot even launch the recorevery mode anymore, all I get,whatever I do ,Is a black screen with the blue power light going on

Edit: Nervermind then, It decided to launch, trying to update now.
And just asking, anyone who knows someone who does hardmods in québec?

I still would've tried putting fresh files onto SD card in case PkHex or whatever corrupted a needed file. Sorry you are having issues still. Thank you for testing your SD card. It is honestly the cause of most of the issues around here.

Bewolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Still, Thanks for trying to help, The problem is kinda solved now, it works fine but it just randomly freezes sometimes and I need to restart after that
Also, for some reason the home button wont work anymore, And thats just weird
I will now close the subject, once I find how to xD

Gimzie

professional moron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try clearing the home menu extdata.

Quoting 3DS Guide:

If this worked, you should Clear Home Menu’s extdata by navigating to the following folder on your SD card: /Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000/
  • EUR Region: Delete 00000098
  • JPN Region: Delete 00000082
  • USA Region: Delete 0000008f
  • KOR Region: Delete 000000A9

It will reset your homemenu look though.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
[QUOTE="Edit 2:The situation got weirder, I can now boot and then insert the sd card, but I cannot boot with the card, What the hell is going on???[/QUOTE]

You are not on FW 2.1 are you?

Bewolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im not on 2.1, But right now Im at the door of despair. It started but was freezing over and over, so I restored my sysnand backup with hourglass9 Only to get The message :"An exception Occurred"
With a ton of numbers and stuff.From that point, im not able to get any reaction from my 3ds. Can't do anything sdless (Blue light lights on and quickly fades away, meaning it wont boot without arm9)
And With Sd, I cant access The recovery mode, Houglass9 or Luma settings menu.

As soon as I get back home ill upload the Dump file

Last edited by Bewolf,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Yes.