Homebrew Help installing virtual console games with wad manager

1carlos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried to install some virtual console games with wad manger and i always get an error ret(-1 when on #05 with any vc wad

1carlos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can install other wads and i don't have any problems with this sd card i don't have another one anyway can i install using external drive? This problem only happens with virtual console wads and yes they are good all of them get stuck at #05 and how can i tell how much memory i have left on my wii

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Go into data management and it should tell you at the bottom of the screen how many "blocks" free you have.

Again, that shouldn't be the problem. Not sure why you'd get that error otherwise though... Clearly it's not an IOS issue, as that wouldn't effect how the wads are installed, just if you could run them or not.

1carlos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darn my wii is bricked the screen is black and when i click a i hear a weird sound and the control shakes as if it were in the wii menu but no sound or video it was working a little while ago. Nevermind its working again that was weird forget this im going to ask for help to uninstall everything on my wii and start fresh since i had installed a lot of things and didnt even know you had to uninstall them threw wad manager

1carlos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok now that i fixed all this i really wanna know why i can't install vc games is it the firmware? my system menu is 3.1u

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... did WiiWare come out after 3.1? That might be your problem there. Seriously there's no reason not to update to 4.0, you can hack the whole system right now. Update to 4.0 and install the hacked IOS files you need, then try again.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
On 4.0:
Install Homebrew Channel and DVDx with Bannerbomb + Hackmii

Download Wadmanager 1.4, put on your SD card to run with Homebrew Channel

Downgrade IOS35 so you can install other wads
Install patched IOS for 16, 36 and 60 (Or just cIOSCorp to cover everything) and install cIOS38rev13b

Use WadManager to install VC or WW games.

1carlos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I updated to 4.0u and whats weird is that at the end of the update it said unable to update because of internet problem but it still installed, installed homebrew channel used wad manager 1.4 but still i get the same error i remember i was trying to use rockband softchip thing and i installed ios 37 to ios 249 could this be the problem? or should i use a different ios when installing the wad threw wad manager?

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure you updated to 4.0 then?

I'm not sure what you mean by ios37 to ios249... Rockband has nothing to do with 249 unless you're running it through a USB loader, in which case you have a whole different set of problems!

1carlos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im sure i am running 4.0u it ses so on the menu and i even got this little sd card thing on the main menu at the bottom which i didn't have before and an updated version of the wii shop channel.

I used multios installer and accidentally installed ios 37 to ios 249 i was supposed to install ios 37 to ios 37 but I still don't think that's the problem though since other wads install only vc wads don't.

I successfully installed a sega genesis game and cruisin usa for n64 but no other 64 games install they all get stuck on content #5 when I use the sd card and they get stuck on content #4 when using an external drive I tried downloading the same games mario kart 64 and yoshi story from a whole bunch of different places and they all have the same problem so I know its not the wads.

1carlos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I got it working now I had to reinstall ios16 and use a usb drive on the secound port i don't know why it doesn't work with the sd card but I got it working thanks. There should be some sort of all in one hombrew patch installer that adds all the patched ios and dvdx etc or a custom firmware like the psp that would be sweet.

Conveyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
On 4.0:
Downgrade IOS35 so you can install other wads
Install patched IOS for 16, 36 and 60 (Or just cIOSCorp to cover everything) and install cIOS38rev13b

Am I nuts, or has every other guide I've read on the matter left out this vital step?

Thanks, this is what I was looking for.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: There is an actual trailer with footage too. lol. Going to watch it tonight. Grabbed it from...