Hardware [HELP] I'm looking to buy a portable web server that use the Intel atom processors.

Uiaad

GBAtemp's resident guinea pig
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
[QUOTE="damn this mobo is a beast! https://www.dfrobot.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1404[/QUOTE]

It is quite a nice little machine. Actually in the middle of restoring windows for it at the moment, the board's major problem is heat dissipation the stock heat shield is wholly inadequate. Even under a moderate workload i.e. watching a 1080p youtube video will force the temps up to about 80 degrees and then it will seriously throttle back the CPU. Adding a good heatsink helps but increases the formfactor

jimmyleen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

It is quite a nice little machine. Actually in the middle of restoring windows for it at the moment, the board's major problem is heat dissipation the stock heat shield is wholly inadequate. Even under a moderate workload i.e. watching a 1080p youtube video will force the temps up to about 80 degrees and then it will seriously throttle back the CPU. Adding a good heatsink helps but increases the formfactor[/QUOTE]

Stupid question, is it not possible to add thermal paste to it?

Uiaad

GBAtemp's resident guinea pig
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not a stupid question at all, but sadly with the stock heat shield its designed for use with a thermal pad so there is a couple of mm clearance between the shield and the processor. I did at one point experiment with a Peltier cooler and heatsink setup but that didn't yield much lower temps than just a heat sink and small fan and used more power than the traditional setup too

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
I like that but I don't understand why they don't let the buyer choose the power cable/power outlet before buying the starter kit.

The included plug will work in the UK, EU, USA & AUS.

From what I can find on Google in Honduras you use the same type of plug as the USA, so it's a not issue for you.

The Pi can be powered from a mobile phone charger, or a USB port on another device anyway.

jimmyleen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Not a stupid question at all, but sadly with the stock heat shield its designed for use with a thermal pad so there is a couple of mm clearance between the shield and the processor. I did at one point experiment with a Peltier cooler and heatsink setup but that didn't yield much lower temps than just a heat sink and small fan and used more power than the traditional setup too
We
The included plug will work in the UK, EU, USA & AUS.

From what I can find on Google in Honduras you use the same type of plug as the USA, so it's a not issue for you.

The Pi can be powered from a mobile phone charger, or a USB port on another device anyway.

I decided to go for the pi, and now i'm going to try and teach myself how to create my own website.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Last edited by Futurdreamz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.