HELP! i really messed up my r4

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by chewydinosaurs, Jul 22, 2009.

Jul 22, 2009
    • Newcomer

chewydinosaurs New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    at first i accidentally deleted the YS menu and then redid it according to them >>http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=164359 but when i turn it on it says :
    Yasu software- YSMunu
    http://www.usay.jp/
    build: YASU Mar 27 2009 00:03:39
    Error: cant fatInitDefault

What does that mean?! and how can i fix it??

bach3609 New Member

Message Count:
    Vietnam
    have you reformatted your micro sd card?
    • Newcomer

Message Count:
    United States
    i did..i dont know what happend! ://
    • Newcomer

tmbscoopex New Member

Message Count:
    Austria
    just try to re-complite your ysmenu...

or use the actual R4 i.L.S. firmware...
    • Newcomer

Message Count:
    United States
    sorry im really new at this so what does re-complite mean and how do i do it? and what is the r4 i.l.s firmware?
    • Former Staff

TrolleyDave Anti-theist

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Try DLDI patching it for the R4 first. Did you use R4YSAuto? That's your best bet if you don't know what you're doing.

bach3609 New Member

Message Count:
    Vietnam
    yea maybe you should get a new version, and start over from what you know. Then..... it'll work =D

EDIT: sorry what i mean was start from scratch, get a fresh new r4 firmware and ysmenu and yea.....
    But yea what does it mean by cant FATinitDefault? could it be it cqant run it because of the Fat format of the micro sd card or w/e?
    Lol xD

Panic101 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Try these steps I compiled maybe they can help you.

How To Troubleshoot Your Flashcart:

STEP 1: Make sure you're not using the card reader that comes with the flashcart. Buy your own. Always use the "Add/Remove Hardware Safely" function before removing the reader.
    STEP 2: Check your microSD card for smudges on the contacts. Clean with a QTIP. You can add a bit of alcohol onto the QTIP, if wanted.
    STEP 3: Check your Flashcart for any abrasions or smudges on the contacts. Clean with a QTIP. You can add a bit of alcohol onto the QTIP, if wanted.
    STEP 4: Possibly, your Flashcart is not making perfect contact the DS. Try the "Paper Shim Trick" to close the gap and make the space tighter.
    STEP 5: Copy all of your games and saves off your microsd card to your computer (BACKUP). Download the latest "Panasonic SD Formatter" and do a full format with this application. Install the latest firmware again from a different/reliable site. Then add on your games and saves to the newly formatted card.
    STEP 6: If the latest firmware doesn't work sometimes downgraded firmwares can achieve working results. Try downgrading, if it doesn't resolve just go back up to the latest firmware again.
    STEP 7: There are times where the official firmware for your specific cart isn't up to par with the alternatives created. Try a legit alternative firmware for your flashcart. eg, (DSTT/R4 -->YSMENU), (Acekard--->AKAIO), (M3 DS Real---> Sakura) so forth..
    STEP 8: If you're using cheats maybe they are faulty. Get rid of them and get them from a reliable source.
    Or just dont put them on period.
    STEP 9: Possibly the "GAMES/ROMS" you have are faulty. Obtain ones from a new location...
    STEP 10: Try another DS. If possible.
    STEP 11: If all else fails, get a new Flashcart and/or MicroSD Card from a reputable site.

Tell us if it works or not~ Good luck.

bach3609 New Member

Message Count:
    Vietnam
    lol sorry wow this thing keeps lagging out on me. Sorry about the double post xD

bach3609 New Member

Message Count:
    Vietnam
    Yea it might be about time you get a new flashcard. I suggest a m3 ds real or m3i, or perhaps a acekard 2 or cyclods. But good luck to you if you do try to fix it.

EDIT: you might want to look at this video

Aeter A walking contradiction

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    There is also a very nice 'noobproof'-YSMenu-installation guide in the sticky section by triassic911.

SPONSORED LINKS