Hacking Help! How to burn 2x?

xiguo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed the Wiikey and so far I've only had success with Sony DVD-RW burned at 2x. Everything else I've tried (Sony DVD+R at 4x, some crappy brands of DVD-R at 4x) has given me DREs. What are some brands of DVD-R that work well with the Wiikey?

Also, I've been unable to burn any DVD-R or DVD+R at 2x speed. Nero only lets me choose 4x and higher speeds and ImgBurn gives me burn errors when I attempt to burn at 2x. Also ImgBurn does not list 2x as one of the supported speeds. Is there any way for me to burn DVD-Rs at 2x? Are there any specific brands of DVD-R that will allow burning at 2x?

Thanks.

blindman

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Please don't tell me you're using CDs in your Wii.

Edit: You could try Alcohol 120%

Sorry that was a typo.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try that.

Edit: Alcohol will also only let me write 4x as the minimium speed :'(

It is the setting pre-defined by the firmware of your DVD-RW drive but not the software you used.

If you still want to try to burn in 2X
go to

http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61

and found how to edit the firmware

Jeda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Changing the firmware to something unsupported sounds like a risky idea.

It is strange that your drive prevents slower speeds but the creater likely had a reason. You should try some different types of discs first. The gbatemp review mentioned Verbatim to be working flawless so maybe try those. That review was for Wiinja, but both chips are sitting on the same drive so it should be the same for the Wiikey

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2