Gaming Help! How can I play cia file downloaded from PC ?

zx80030

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded a CIA game file on my PC, but have no idea where to put it on my SD card. Also, I'm quite confused about freeshop. Can I put cia file into freeshop?
My 3DS is hacked btw.

Thanks in advance!

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I downloaded a CIA game file on my PC, but have no idea where to put it on my SD card. Also, I'm quite confused about freeshop. Can I put cia file into freeshop?
My 3DS is hacked btw.

Thanks in advance!
your file needs to be saved to somewhere on the SD card where you can find the file easily. You can use FBI to navigate to that path and install the cia from there.

freeshop uses title keys which are user submitted. If there is a key that isnt there, so a game thats missing. You could upload the key from your game to share and it will appear after a verification and cache update. Other than that. You cannot just place any cia you got into freeshop, wont work.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FreeShop is used to download games straight from the internet and install them. It doesn't need CIA files. If you want to install CIA files, you need to use FBI.

zx80030

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your file needs to be saved to somewhere on the SD card where you can find the file easily. You can use FBI to navigate to that path and install the cia from there.

freeshop uses title keys which are user submitted. If there is a key that isnt there, so a game thats missing. You could upload the key from your game to share and it will appear after a verification and cache update. Other than that. You cannot just place any cia you got into freeshop, wont work.
I've seen people having CIA folder in their SD card root, but I don't have it. Is it just a folder you create and name as CIA?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It doesn't matter where you place them. In FBI, find your file and install it.
I've heard something about legit CIA, so does that mean not all CIA games would run?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've seen people having CIA folder in their SD card root, but I don't have it. Is it just a folder you create and name as CIA?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've heard something about legit CIA, so does that mean not all CIA games would run?
Yes, you would just create one since its not there. Since you got cfw your cia files will work without needing to worry about that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte