Hacking Help getting USB Loader GX to work with UNEEK+DI / WiiWare / VC games?

Smash Br0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to finish modding a Wii for a friend, but I'm stuck. I can't get UNEEK+DI / WiiWare / VC Games to work via emulated NAND.

I installed a few wads, and they show up in USB Loader GX, but they fail to load and exit back to either System Menu or the HBC, or freeze the system.

I tried setting it all up with ModMii, but got this error:

Postloader: Missing

neek2o rev96 not installed properly

...so I tried following a guide from another site, but it seems to have failed.

I've got Wii and Gamecube games working via USB Loader GX and Nintendon't. Haven't tried loading any WiiWare yet. Virtual Console stuff does not load.

Any assistance with this would be appreciated.

Is there a definitive "best" guide for modding a Wii that is up-to-date? A lot of the guides I've found seem to be outdated.

Also, I've used CFG Loader more in the past, but figured I'd give USB Loader GX a try. Haven't tried Wiiflow. Is there still no clear "best USB loader"?

D

Deleted_434522

Sorry to jump your post but how did you end up getting GC games to work in USB loader gx? I can only get GC games to work in Nintendont.

Smash Br0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You just have to go into Settings inside USB Loader GX, and set Gamecube games to load via Nintendont. They're set to use MIOS by default.

I wish it were that easy to get Virtual Console and WiiWare working via emuNAND / NEEK2o / UNEEK+DI, or whatever it is I'm supposed to be using to load 'em off USB.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it is that easy.
I don't understand what you don't manage to do, because, it is easy.

Pre-requisite :
1) the cIOS
d2x cIOS v8 final on Wii, or d2x cIOS v10 (r52, NOT r53) on vWii.
I say it again : r53 IS NOT COMPATIBLE ! STOP USING BAD SOFTMOD GUIDES.

2) neek files
neek2o files on the partition where you will put your emuNAND. Even better, do both and you'll be good!
if emuNAND is on SD, generate the "sneek2o+di" files and put them on /sneek/ folder
if emuNAND is on USB, generate the "Uneek2o+di" files and put them on usb:/sneek/ folder
you can use modmii or sneek installer

3) hardware
check your HDD is compatible : you need a MBR partition type, and FAT32 on the first partition.
do not use GPT!

Guide:
1. create a NAND dump, or dump your own NAND with USBLoaderGX
2. install wads to that emuNAND path (if you want) using Wad manager inside USBLoaderGX
3. by default, the setting is set to "EmuNAND channel : Full", it's the best choice ! don't change that.
4. ONLY for games not working with cIOS NAND redirection method, you will need to use Neek NAND redirection method : select your game > go to option > set emuNAND mode to Neek.

so, very easy :
working game : don't do anything !
non working game : set option to neek....
that's all.
I don't see what's hard.

If it doesn't work, it's because you didn't setup or copied the neek files to SD or USB, so of course it can't be used if not present.

if you need a more complete, up to date, emuNAND guide, I wrote one here :
https://gbatemp.net/posts/6592730
exemple of someone who followed my guide, and managed to make everything working without needing a lot of help : https://gbatemp.net/threads/run-usb-loader-gx-inside-neek-and-enable-nand-channels.485020/

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: WeedZ and Smash Br0
D

Deleted_434522

For some reason I don’t have the GameCube option in the USB loader gx loader settings.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
then you have an old program, you followed an old guide or installed an old file you found from random place.
You'll have to update it.

launch USBLoaderGX, go to settings and Credit.
if it tells you "3.0c" (with the "C" letter) then you need to follow this guide : https://gbatemp.net/posts/6478222

If it's not a "C" version, you probably have an old version which still look at googlecode for new updates (but googlecode has closed, now updates are located on sourceforge. I tried to make the update work on googlecode before they closed, but I guess it doesn't work automatically anymore)
get the latest version manually and put it on your SD card. (the link is always the "latest official and stable", there might be other newer version, like unstable, or modded, but this link is always the best)

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: Smash Br0
D

Deleted_434522

Ok great. I’ll give it a look when I’m home next and comment back here. Thanks.

D

Deleted_434522

Ok sorry to post here again. So now whenever I try to play a GC game I just get a black screen and then all 4 lights on my wii remote come on.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
with nintendont option ?
is nintendont already launched when it's happening, or it's a bug inside USBLoaderGX?
If it's an issue inside nintendont, does it work when launched from HBC>Nintendont directly ?

some settings might have changed in USBGX if you had an old version, if you don't care losing your actual settings you can try to reset them (settings>reset settings)

Last edited by Cyan,
D

Deleted_434522

I have Nintendont in my wii menu and that gives me the black screen also. I haven’t tried launching within HBC yet.

D

Deleted_434522

Hey Cyan I have a question hope it’s ok to post here still haven’t been able to get GC games to work. Also I have a few wii games that freeze or just give me a black screen when trying to play them. I’m using USB loader gx and my games are on my parable hdd also.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you didn't explain if the gamecube game not working are launched from USBLoaderGX or even directly from nintendont without going into USBLoaderGX.
your previous post you said you had issue with nintendont directly and that you will test from HBC, you didn't report. I was waiting for your report.

Please, give a lot more information, like the version of all the homebrew yo uare using, all the hardware type, size, format, partition type, how you installed games, where, which names, game's region, console's region, video settings, is the iso clean or edited, etc. etc. and etc.

without proper info, we can't help you.
... unless, ... maybe ...
333970-CrystalBall1.gif
... no, not working.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: Sticksandstones
D

Deleted_434522

Sorry for the delay. I’ll start from the start. I have an updated version of USB loader gx and I can see the GameCube settings. I have Nintendont install within HBC. I am loading games from my HDD which has 2 partitions both formatted in fat32 and made the GC partition as primary and at 32k.(it has a folder called games. I’ve used wii backup manager for my Wii games and used DMToolbox with my GameCube games. In USB loader gx I’ve gone to custom paths and made main GameCube path set to the correct partition with the folder (games). The SD GameCube path is set from sd/apps/nintendont and nintendont loader path is the same as the SD GameCube path settings. Now I hope this is all right? So now when going into HBC and going to nintendont the game loads now. But now no GC game shows in USB loader gx.

Attachments

• 435AD96E-C4DC-4BBE-858A-7B499C2DCED9.jpeg
    435AD96E-C4DC-4BBE-858A-7B499C2DCED9.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 974

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The SD GameCube path is set from sd/apps/nintendont and nintendont loader path is the same as the SD GameCube path settings.
hmm,something is wrong here. I suppose it's just what you explain which is wrong.
but that's not an issue.

the "SD gamecube path" is where games are located, not nintendont.
so, it should be "sd:/games"
it's not an issue if you really did change that path, because the loader would not find any game in the folder you specified.

I see you have the path for the gamecube games with only the titleID in the folder.
It "should" work, I remember adding that layout for gamecube games in a recent revision.
games/GMLE01/ <-- it should work, if you really have USBLoaderGX 1262.

If you have "Latest" or "updated" version, then MAYBE you have an old version of USBLoaderGX which is NOT compatible with "TitleID only as folder name".
But, if you followed my guide to replace the full channel into a forwarder channel, I hope you also downloaded the dol of the loader from sourceforge, and not just tried to update from the loader's settings (trying to update an old version will tell you there's no new update because googlecode is dead).

If you have 1262, be sure you enabled gamecube games :
Main window > top menu > 4th icon > Gamecube games

D

Deleted_434522

Ok I’ll show a screenshot if that helps. Yeah on the SD GameCube path it was already set on sd/app/nintendont. Not sure why I don’t have games on my sd card as I’m using my hdd. I’ll I’ll check my USB loader now. I’m pretty sure it’s been updated.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Actually I just noticed that the nintendont loader path was set too my usb2 not usb1 where my GC games are so set it too usb1/games and now they are showing. I do have to apologize for all the questions I am new to this and the setup I have I got from someone that softmod Wii’s here in Australia. I also read that you can’t exit GC games and you have to reset/turnoff wii to exit is that true ? Is there a way to exit game and go back into USB loader. I’ve changed the loader settings to return to USB loader so when playing wii games and when pressing the home button and ect it returns to the loader.

Attachments

• 1EA1C319-1CBA-496F-A975-53BF229E1D69.jpeg
    1EA1C319-1CBA-496F-A975-53BF229E1D69.jpeg
    907.8 KB · Views: 804
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    825.2 KB · Views: 833
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    669.3 KB · Views: 633
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    759.6 KB · Views: 1,165

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
don't worry, the important is that you found the issue.

You can exit a gamecube game and return to USBLoaderGX.
to do that, you need 4 things :
1. install the forwarder channel to Wii or vWii
2. set the loader's setting to "return to" that channel (if you see only the titleID, it's "UNEO")
3. launch USBLoaderGX from Wii or vWii (not from WiiU VC)
4. do not enable "official controllers" (I forgot the right setting name) in nintendont settings, or it will disable the button combo used to exit the game.

if you already did it for Wii games, it will work without changing anything with nintendont and gamecube games.

Last edited by Cyan,
D

Deleted_434522

ok great thank you Cyan. Also i have installed a few emulators with are placed on my sd card with correct folders like saves and rom ect ect. i know its simple to just drag and pop a correct file rom into the rom folder but is there a way to get cover art for them? say i have super mario bros loaded into the snses emulator is there a way to get artwork (covers) to pop up when a game is high lighted?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you want USBLoaderGX to list games located in emulator's folders ?
the loader is originally for games you can launch from the wii (wii, gamecube, channels).

If you want to list things used by other homebrew (emulators) instead of things launched by the console, you can use Wiiflow. it has a plugin system where you can list ROMs and launch corresponding emulators.
there is a mod of USBLoaderGX (not official, it's done another user) to add the same plugin system to list/launch ROMs. I think it's linked in the first post of the official thread. you'll need a lot of setup and files.

D

Deleted_434522

I think I mean that I have the emulators installed and their channels on my wii menu. I was wondering if it’s possible to get artwork for them ?

Attachments

• 99D1AA69-3867-4494-896E-290A0770629A.jpeg
    99D1AA69-3867-4494-896E-290A0770629A.jpeg
    791.7 KB · Views: 1,600
  • 82807986-713A-4403-AED5-48E575460FCE.jpeg
    82807986-713A-4403-AED5-48E575460FCE.jpeg
    676.8 KB · Views: 587
  • 04CA750A-4E0E-4813-9A32-E759FE825453.jpeg
    04CA750A-4E0E-4813-9A32-E759FE825453.jpeg
    690 KB · Views: 399

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...