Hacking Help getting Super Robot Wars Z3 Jigoku-hen to work on Rebug 4.8

Berabouman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After years of being on Cobra 3.55, I finally upgraded to Rebug 4.8 with the kind assistance of the PS3hax Discord channel. Most games work now, but I am having trouble getting SRWZ3 to work.

What happens is after I run the game with Webman manager (installed via Rebug Tools) all I get is a black screen and nothing else happens. I can exit the game via the PS button (which means my console is not frozen) but I can't actually play it. I have tested like 3 different versions of the game downloaded from different sites, so I doubt that it is a bad rip.

I've found some 4.xx fixes, so I put the new eboot.bin in the appropriate folder, but still no dice.

I have also found some .pkg fixes, but I encountered a new problem in trying to install them - when I use the new Package Manager that was installed with Rebug, there are no files displayed on my external HDD (I get a blank right hand side of the screen) even though I can run other games just fine, so obvious my HDD is being detected (all my games are on my external HDD) Sometimes while using the Package Manager my system also freezes for some reason.

Please assist! Would really like to get the game going.

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
The game does not work cobra cfw, luckily you can switch back and from from normal cfw to cobra cfw using rebug toolbox.

Its just one of those games refuses to run on cobra cfw.

Berabouman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I do that? Currently my system freezes when I try to enter Rebug Toolbox. :(

I tried Iris instead of Multiman, but I get the same problem.

I thought that by changing to Rebug I'm out of Cobra CFW?

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
You're using the rebug toolbox that came with the rebug pup right? Just be sure no usb hdd is connected so the toolbox wont read any usb device after launching

Btw even my original retail disc fails to load after game data install on cobra cfw. So switching to reg non cobra cfw is the only way i know to make it work

Last edited by happydance,

Berabouman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the tip, I tried that. Still not sure what you mean by changing CFW though, I can't find that option. I turned off Cobra mode, but the only other switch I've found is between Rebug and Normal. Should I change to Rebug?

Berabouman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did that, still got a black screen. I tried it with Rebug mode and with the fix .pkg install I found on another site, still the same!

I wouldn't mind buying the original game but I don't want to spend money if it doesn't work.

What are the settings you used to get the game working?

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
Delete the game data, and try again. I dont know why, but the game data cobra cfw installs is different from non-cobra cfw installs. That why you end up with a black screen after game data install in cobra cfw.

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go to PS3 tutorials section and look for my black screen game fixing guide. It might work.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Instead of buying it creating an iso by following the tutorial guide tricks the PS3 into thinking it is a real disk. Follow the full tutorial though.

Last edited by Zero72463,

Berabouman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the suggestions! I didn't think of that...but now I have a new problem. I created an ISO from the game and ran it, (before reading the guide) but it didn't work, so I deleted the ISO...but now, my game won't be detected at all! I removed the files from my external HDD and put them back, but it still won't work. It doesn't show up in MM or anything, even after refreshing.

Really confused now, after about 2 days of hammering at this issue. What do you think I should do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Thank you based Dinoh.