Hacking Help for a noob - vwiiu

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Right doe. I had a Y cable for my HDD, it did work with 1 cable plugged in, but not with both. That was strange...
oof :lol:, I don't think this is a thread for you to help with pal......;)

OP: which usb ports have you plugged your HD into? Also how have you formatted the drive - is it in FAT32, and a primary partition (preferably a single partition to be honest)?

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Jaggent360

GBATemps very own Punished "Venom" Snake
Trophies
XP
Country
oof :lol:, I don't think this is a thread for you to help with pal......;)

OP: which usb ports have you plugged your HD into? Also how have you formatted the drive - is it in FAT32, and a primary partition (preferably a single partition to be honest)?

NAHNAHNAH!
Man im using a 32gb flash hence the HDD died!
I was and am using WBFS2FAT

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have tried different combinations with the y cable.

Assuming your Wii U is stood up and you're looking at the front of it, the first usb of your y-cable needs to be in the back right port. The second can go basically anywhere as it's just drawing power, with the back left being the best bet. No other drive can be in the Wii U.
Also you don't need to have a Wii disc in the tray.

NAHNAHNAH!
Man im using a 32gb flash hence the HDD died!
I was and am using WBFS2FAT
No probs fella, what you're doing on your Wii is working a treat. but the vwii on the Wii U is a slightly different beast so things have to be done a little differently. I'm not saying yer a feckin plonker or anything, just your information is a bit off as this is the Wii U we're talking about ;)

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Dark_Stranger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Assuming your Wii U is stood up and you're looking at the front of it, the first usb of your y-cable needs to be in the back right port. The second can go basically anywhere as it's just drawing power, with the back left being the best bet. No other drive can be in the Wii U.
Also you don't need to have a Wii disc in the tray.

My wii u is lying down. I have only used the back ports. I have used the one in the top for the primary port

Reactions: mightymuffy

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
we know that, hence u are using vWii

I have to point out to you that don't apply your knowledge on Wii to vWii!
Installing cios 224 isn't much of a problem, it will just sit there doing nothing.
Installing ios58 for Wii onto a vWii is the best way to brick a vWii and there is no way to install ios58 vWii unless you extracted it from your own console or some kind soul share his own copy privately. (Obviously it is copyright material).

I would advise the OP to read the stickies NOW to avoid making mistakes and brick your vWii which will be real hard to recover unlike the Wii
Start by posting a syscheck log using syscheckHDE.
The more details about your setup the better.

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
Installing cios 224 isn't much of a problem, it will just sit there doing nothing.
Installing ios58 for Wii onto a vWii is the best way to brick a vWii and there is no way to install ios58 vWii unless you extracted it from your own console or some kind soul share his own copy privately. (Obviously it is copyright material).

I would advise the OP to read the stickies NOW to avoid making mistakes and brick your vWii which will be real hard to recover unlike the Wii

Not to mention that installing vIos58 for vwii makes no sense, as this ios shouldnt have been adversely affected in any way during the homebrew installation process.

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Actually, if you did everything right, there's no reason for the games to be crashing, so, from what I know, it's either that you missed up with the settings(probably video settings), or the ISO/WBFS you're using is corrupted.

JVC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where are you? The noob needs the help.
As i know, modding vWii is hard AF. It allows wii pirated games, buuuuuut, ya know, There is no point for me hacking the vWii. i know this is kinda a stupid post. sorry

Its as easy as modding a Wii,you finish in 5 min knowing what you are doing,no excuse.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: EmceeKerser

Jaggent360

GBATemps very own Punished "Venom" Snake
Trophies
XP
Country

OK ok. Don't be rude.
I brewed my friends vWii, and I did some stuff like on the Wii, so I think that ya should do it like on the Wii... Sorry man, rly sorry... Btw stop fighting :)

JVC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idk, it was hard af, when did it on my friends. I was all heated up, my head had headaches. Let's hope the WiiU itself gets a hb

Wanna redo the steps?
1.have a hackable savegame and the game itself.
2.Run it and install HBC.
3.Install cios.
4.Install other extra stuff like forwaders(optional)

Done :D.

Yeah just be chill on it and you are fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    Veho @ Veho: California has already banned those additives BTW.