Homebrew [Help] FlashMe not working on DS Lite

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
OP
Trophies
XP
I'm using an AceKard 2i with its first firmware (my flashcard, R4i SDHC doesn't launch FlashMe) and the flashcard is my brothers, and he doesn't want it updated, so if it has anything to do with that, I'm out of luck.

I can launch noFlashMe v8 fine, it works great. It flashes within 1 second, and without having me to shorten the SL1, but whenever I try to use FlashMe v8, I shorten the SL1 after it is not progressing, and nothing still happens?!

It just stays on 0%, beeping away.

If this is of any interest, at the bottom of FlashMe, it tells me
NEW: FW-V8
CUR: NDS-V7
ORIG: NDS-V7

And yes, I am using the DS Lite version, as it says FLASHME INSTALLER (DS LITE) at the top.

Sorry if there are any posts about this, Google showed me nothing.

BOBdotEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this question was posted today? in 2016?
the very same day I had the very same issue!

anyway, what are you using for your bridge?
when I did my fist flash back in 08 I used a toothpick, and ended up bricking my bios. (restored it later using a broken ds lite's working bios)

I'd suggest using something a little thicker, today I used a bamboo food skewer. (wrapped in foil)

When you get to the install screen (BEFORE pressing XBXB) practice moving the skewer/tootpick, you need to be able to move it slightly in multiple directions without it turning off your ds. (adding tape around the outside may help, I'm too lazy for that)

next start the process, if it stays at 0% for more then say 10 seconds, start angling it slightly, try the common 8 directions like you'd have on a dpad.

move slowly and as soon as you see the numbers start to count up, hold it there. if they don't count up after trying all 8 angles, then try flatting the foil at the end of the skewer/tootpick a little, so it's not so pointy, then try again.

---

If all this still leaves you at zero, then you'll need to clean your contacts, since the process is at 0% it's safe to turn off your dslite.

then remove the back cover, and clean the contact we were just trying to bridge using 95+% rubbing alcohol (i use isopropyl)

and you'll need to REALLY scrub with a cotton swap (as they could be a little corroded) , I'd suggest twice with the wet side, then 8 times with the dry, and repeat this process 3 times.

---

after that, follow the process about and you should be able to get past 0%!

It took me the full cleaning, and quite a few angles to get one of mine to flash today, the seconds ds lite of the day was much easier, just a quick few wipes (just in case) and I got it to start flashing on the first angle!

it got up to about 66% before I had to do a slight adjustment!

...Anyway, I hope that helps! good luck!

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
OP
Trophies
XP
next start the process, if it stays at 0% for more then say 10 seconds, start angling it slightly, try the common 8 directions like you'd have on a dpad.
By doing this my DS shuts down instantly. Yes it is on charge and the battery is on full charge, and yes I'm not poking my tin foil in any other places on the back, I'm putting it in the SL1 Terminal. Any ideas?

Last edited by Deleted member 381889,

BOBdotEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it shuts off, that means it's making contact with the surrounding parts try adding a very thin layer of tape around the outside of the lower part of the foil (leaving the tip un-taped.

that should help keep the sides from contacting the other components.

MontyQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
man I forgot about the shorting thing lol I did toothpick with foil and tape like in a guide I saw here years ago

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended