Hardware help fixing xbox

camochase

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kinda need help before i do anything big to my xbox its a phat elite xenon zepher xbox 360. before it broke everytme we chose a song on rockband it would say the disk is unreadable. and after it broke it wont evan turn on and we tested the power suply on our other xbox and it worked. so it isnt the power supply and i need help already know how to open it.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I'm just a tad confused here...you say that before your Xbox stopped working, whenever you tried to choose a song in Rock Band it would say Disc Unreadable? That's because either the disc is bad or the drive is bad. Now you're saying the Xbox won't even turn on, correct? Open it up and see if there is any damage to any part inside, then check and make sure every power cable is plugged in. Before you take it apart, lets try the No Power Solution.

First, press the eject button instead of the power button. If it turns on, yay! If not,

Check and see what color the light on your power supply is when you plug it in. If orange, nothing is wrong with the power supply. If it's orange and still doesn't work, go to the next step.

Remove all cords from the power supply, then plug them in again to your Xbox and see if it works. If not, then,

Try another outlet, maybe it's something as simple as that. Again, if it still doesn't work

Let your power supply cool for at least half an hour. Try it again, if it still doesn't work.

Find another power supply, see if that works. If not, take it in to your local console repair shop (or send it to Microsoft, only if you want to wait months for it to return and pay a shit ton [unless it's covered by a warrenty])

Before you send it in, wait for a few more Tempers to check out your problem and see if they know anything as I might be wrong and that'd suck if it was an easy fix and I wasted your time/money.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: Oh and if you could please use better grammar so others can understand you better, we'd be able to solve problems quicker. Not trying to be mean, but every time I reread your first post I feel like I interpreted it wrong the first time...Oh and don't double post either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated