Hacking [Help] Error code 028-3136 during DSiWare Save Injection system transfer

Doogie Boogie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a system transfer for the DSiware save exploit:
https://3ds-guide.b4k.co/installing-boot9strap-(dsiware-save-injection)

Source: Old 3DS XL
Target: New 2DS XL

I followed all steps successfully and picked picked PC-Based Transfer as the method. After transfer the source 3DS said transfer was successful. Target finished the transfer then tried to connect to the router again and I got error code 028-3136.

What went wrong? The target was not connected to my NNID after the transfer. It also did not download any save files. On the source system there is a new folder in exdata called "Nintendo DSiWare" with a .bin file called "4B513945". It's not on the target system.

Can anyone explain to me what went wrong? And can someone also tell me why Plailect didn't include any troubleshooting for this error in the guide? Was this due to using the PC transfer method as the guide suggested?

The game I used for injection was Four Swords, if that matters at all. The exploit was successfully added to the game but it did not transfer to the target 3DS.

Doogie Boogie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was right next to the router when doing the transfer and had 3 bars on both systems. I don't know what else I could do to improve the connection beyond that.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I was right next to the router when doing the transfer and had 3 bars on both systems. I don't know what else I could do to improve the connection beyond that.
This error is apparently common. If you Google the error code there are a lot of people that have experienced it. Seems like all you can do is restore the NAND of your source console and reattempt the transfer.

Doogie Boogie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sucks but it would at least be nice to know what went wrong so that in 7 days I can keep the error from happening again. I don't even know what happened or how to prevent it. Maybe use wireless transfer instead of PC based transfer next time? I don't know what else I could do.

Doogie Boogie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll check, but the NNID is not on the source 3DS. It moved to the target. I just had to log in on the target for it to take effect. I'm fairly sure if that is the case, server side, the transfer was completed. I can always check but I don't think I can use a 3DS disconnected from a NNID as a source 3DS during a transfer. There is no harm in trying, I just assume it won't work.

Update: Transfer was completed server side. I have to wait 6 days.

Last edited by Doogie Boogie,

Doogie Boogie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aren't DSIware games installed on the NAND though? I can download the game easily on the target but it's the save I need and it doesn't seem to be in the system memory.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Isn't DSIware games installed on the NAND though? I can download the game easily on the target but it's the save I need and it doesn't seem to be in the system memory.
Just inject the save again on the source. Move it to SD, then move it to system on the target. Restore the pre-transfer NAND backup and the game will come back on the source.

Doogie Boogie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what you're saying is, just so I'm clear:

-inject the save
-move the save onto the SD card
-move the contents of the SD card over to the micro SD card of the target
-download the DSiware game on the target to the SD card and not the system memory

And then when I open the game it should use the exploit and I can install b9s. If I'm understanding you correctly? Or are you just explaining what I can do once I'm able to transfer again?

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

-inject the save
-download the DSiware game on the target to the SD card and not the system memory

And then when I open the game it should use the exploit and I can install b9s. If I'm understanding you correctly? Or are you just explaining what I can do once I'm able to transfer again?
Follow the troubleshooting @squall14716 shared. Before doing so, you must have restored the NAND backup to the source 3DS. This backup should have been done when following the actual DSiWare transfer guide in 3ds.guide, right before the transfer.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

-inject the save

No.

1. Inject the save like you did in the beginning of the guide
  2. Go to System Settings -> Data Management -> DSiWare
  3. Choose to move the game to the SD card
  4. Put this SD card in the target
  5. Go yo System Settings ->Data Management -> DSiWare
  6. Choose to move the game to the system memory
This is probably explained in the troubleshooting section linked above.

Doogie Boogie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't place the source SD card into the target because the source is an O3DSXL and the target is a N2DSXL. I would have to move the contents of one card over to the other.

Reactions: Olmectron

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I can't place the source SD card into the target because the source is an O3DSXL and the target is a N2DSXL. I would have to move the contents of one card over to the other.
Just to add. If you did follow the System Transfer instructions (and 3ds.guide´s), you should have know to move the contents from one SD card to the other by using a PC (like you said).

It should work. Give it a try.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a