Hacking [Help] Dumping NDS ROM without ftp?

IceShadowX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a few games I've got really far on (Such as LoZ:Phantom Hourglass) and would like to dump them to use on my DSTT, however, I've only seen the ftp/Wi-Fi way of dumping them. Is there a piece of hardware I could buy to do this via usb, or another interface?
Also, I've heard there's a way of importing a ROM/Backup .sav file into a genuine cartridge... E.g If I completed LoZ:PH on my TT and wanted to put it back into the original game, how would I do that? Is there a Homebrew app for that?

Any help is greatly appreciated
biggrin.gif

IceShadowX

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well there is, I use it, it is called NDS_Backup_tool_3in1.nds, and I believe it is one of rudolphs tools (don't quote me on that though). Still you need a ezflash 3 in 1 for it to work (or wifi).

stuffnflufff

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
at like i said in another thread, its rediculously hard to do because of the restrictions nintendo puts on its system. I spent 5 hours trying to get it to work with a buddy, and we are both tech savvy. we followed the instructions and there wasnt even a connection. biggest wast of time. this is easy. plug it in and your set to go.

Atashi

Out of the Loop
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The easiest way to dump ROMs is with a slot-2 device. I'd recommend buying an EZ-Flash IV, and using Rudolph's Slot-2 NDS Backup Tool. The interface is similar to the Wi-Fi tool, but it copies the ROM to your microSD instead (much faster, too).

And yeah, the NDS Backup Adapter USB device only backs up the save data.

stuffnflufff

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ya except you can download the same game online and use the the .sav from the legit cart. So dumping the game doesnt matter, all that matters is the .sav

Cooltad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
gringosam said:
Only if you never bought the game to begin with...technically....
smile.gif

No, it's still illegal.

And @ the guy who said he spent more than 5 hours trying to connect, you do know it doesn't work on a DSi...right?
It's really not, actually.

Copyright laws allow you to have a backup of any media.

Downloading a rom of a game is legal if you already have the physical game. So, dumping the .sav and downloading the rom, is completely legal.

Bently

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DeltaBurnt said:
gringosam said:
Only if you never bought the game to begin with...technically....
smile.gif

No, it's still illegal.

And @ the guy who said he spent more than 5 hours trying to connect, you do know it doesn't work on a DSi...right?

rofl.gif
, did he even mention using a dsi xD?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Cooltad said:
Copyright laws allow you to have a backup of any media.

Downloading a rom of a game is legal if you already have the physical game. So, dumping the .sav and downloading the rom, is completely legal.No, copyright law allows YOU to MAKE a backup copy. Downloading somebody else's is not making it.

http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-digital.html#backup

QUOTE said:
Under section 117, you or someone you authorize may make a copy of an original computer program if:

* the new copy is being made for archival (i.e., backup) purposes only;
* you are the legal owner of the copy; and
* any copy made for archival purposes is either destroyed, or transferred with the original copy, once the original copy is sold, given away, or otherwise transferred.

http://www.theesa.com/policy/antipiracy_faq.asp

Isn't it legal to copy computer and video games as a backup as long as you own a legitimate copy?

U.S. Copyright laws permit making a "backup" copy of computer programs for archival purposes. However, the right to make backup copies of computer programs for archival purposes, as embodied in 17 U.S.C. Section 117(2), does not in any way authorize the owner of a copy of a video or computer game to post or download a copy of that game to or from the Internet or make such copy available to other people for their use. Section 117(2) only gives the owner of the copy a right to make an archival copy of the actual copy that he/she legally possesses, not to make a copy of the ROM that someone else legally possesses, nor to post an archival copy of his/her original copy for distribution. The law clearly does NOT provide any right to sell "backup" copies. In fact, Section 117 is quite explicit in stating that any archival copy prepared under Section 117(2) can only be transferred to another person if, and only if: A) The original copy is also transferred, and only with the authorization of the copyright owner, and B) The transfer is part of the sale of all rights in the program.

stuffnflufff

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Exactly. And I OWN THE GAMES. ALSO, I asked MANY, MANY times whether or not it worked with DSi. NOBODY responded. So thanks for that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No IKEA shit breaks within a month bed bath and beyond goes beyond
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Plus pictures don't always cut it with furniture when there's like 10 different bolt styles and they're just like figure it out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not like how people whack it to uremums onlyfans :teach:
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's not like how people whack it to uremums onlyfans :teach: