Help Class of Heroes 2G Get a physical release

Is this something you would consider purchasing?

• Total voters

raybattousai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember that awesome publisher who brought great JRPGs to the west that no one else would? No not Atlus, Xseed, Square, Enix, NISA or any of those other companies that you actually remember. I'm talking about Working Designs! You know the guys that released the Lunar games and Magical Knight Rayearth and umm and uhh......Well that company is gone...or it was.. well still is, but Its president started a new company called Gaijinworks shortly after the first company closed in 2005. Since then they've continued to bring "niche" Japanese video games to the west for us all to enjoy. Most recently they've decided to bring Class of Heroes 2G to the PS3, but are currently trying to gauge consumer interest in a physical release of the game.

Though we initially were going to release this as digital-only, fans have asked for the option to have a one run, Limited Edition physical copy, so we're opening up a poll to see if there's enough interest for a direct-to-customer presale

class.png

If we can pre-sell at least 7,000 copies of a Limited Edition Physical PlayStation 3 version with a color manual, BD-ROM with color disc label, full color reversible cover insert, and a serial numbered hologram, we can do a physical release for $39.99+$4 shipping - shipped directly to you.

So if this seems like a game you'd enjoy and would prefer to own physically or if you're a collector who likes the idea of a single run physical copy only available through sign up than head on over to their website and fill in the form at the bottom of the page.

:arrow: source

raybattousai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is this game like? Kawaii jrpg? If so, no thanks.
There is a trailer if you follow the link
It plays like a tough old school first person Dungeon crawler.
Oh and they make use of remote play by allowing you to use either a PSP or PS Vita as a second screen to hold maps, inventory, enemy and party info and other useful bits. Nothing revolutionary, but useful if you have either of the handhelds laying around

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its a dungeon crawler jrpg
I played the original on psp but got bored of it, too much recycled content

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
7,000 copies doesn't seem like a tall order, I think there's enough weeaboos out there. I personally don't care for dungeon crawlers aside from a couple favorite franchises, but then again, I always meant to try Class of Heroes and never got around to actually play it.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember that awesome publisher who brought great JRPGs to the west that no one else would? No not Atlus, Xseed, Square, Enix, NISA or any of those other companies that you actually remember. I'm talking about Working Designs! You know the guys that released the Lunar games and Magical Knight Rayearth and umm and uhh......Well that company is gone...or it was.. well still is, but Its president started a new company called Gaijinworks shortly after the first company closed in 2005. Since then they've continued to bring "niche" Japanese video games to the west for us all to enjoy. Most recently they've decided to bring Class of Heroes 2G to the PS3, but are currently trying to gauge consumer interest in a physical release of the game.

View attachment 7422

So if this seems like a game you'd enjoy and would prefer to own physically or if you're a collector who likes the idea of a single run physical copy only available through sign up than head on over to their website and fill in the form at the bottom of the page.

:arrow: source
I'm guessing the digital version costs less, so most people are going to be against it. Why spend $40 on a game when you can spend $20? Heck, why spend $20 when you can spend $0? I love you, Rebug.

raybattousai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing the digital version costs less, so most people are going to be against it. Why spend $40 on a game when you can spend $20? Heck, why spend $20 when you can spend $0? I love you, Rebug.

Actually digital games on psn usually cost the same as the physical release and there prices stay the same for a long time unlike physical copies which usually get cheaper over time. The only recent exception to this I can think of is MGSV: GZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou