drinkmen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

i have n3DS with dEV MEN for install cia files, NES-3DS.cia games working fine, but all GBA-3DS.cia not working, only black screen after startup. Any idea how fix it? THX :)

Bonus question:
is possible install cia files from sdhc card in Gateway slot?

thx for every answer

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
if you are using gateway, i don't thik gba vc would work, it's just not supported.
if you are using cfw, make sure the cfw has agb firm patched, if not, you have to patch it yourself (i'm using latest built of unofficial rxtools and it has agb firm patched automatically, i can't tell about other builds or cfws)
then then last thing is it should be installed to sysnand. if you have your nand linked, you'll be able to run it in both nands after installing, but if you have separated nand, you have to install a gba vc to both nands if you want it to work on your emunand (or you can just install it to sysnand and run it from there)
edit: kind of ninja'd
and you can't install cia from gw redcart.

Last edited by honyo29,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i use fbi to install on o3ds and they work fine for me
install them in systemnand to play them them there or install them to both systemnand and emunand to play from emunand
also the following quotes are taken from a rxtools thread butt i think the answers are here
Having some issues getting GBA games to run, maybe someone can help me out.

I have Rxtools (latest) installed on a New 3ds 9.0 Sysnand and 9.5 Emunand. (using bootmanager to autoboot Rxtools)

Now i have installed the same GBA game on both Sysnand and Emunand.
But Whenever i run the game i get a black screen with "an error has occurred turn off the system"

I have tried different games but get the same error in both Rx Sysnand and Rx Emunand.
Any thing i can do to get this working?
Thanks.

Dsi/GBA/NES/etc. support

The patched AGB_FIRM is no longer needed (but if you already have it, you can keep it, doesn't matter)

DSi games can be ran through sysNand, and reportedly emuNand as well. Install to sysNand to play them in sysNand; install to emuNand AND sysNand if you want to play them in emuNand. DSi cias must be installed to NAND destination (if using FBI).

GBA games can be ran through emunand, or sysnand. They still have to be installed to both emunand and sysnand if your nands are unlinked! GBA games should be installed to SD (if using FBI).
Personally I just install them to Sysnand and play them from there.

ok so i know it says The patched AGB_FIRM is no longer needed but i have heard people who still have problems ask about this the recommendation ive seen get the best results is to install it anyway (but i am not sure if it is safe for you n3ds im sure you can find the answer to that with a quick look on google)
and are you sure you installed them properly using fbi destination sd in systemnand/emunand

you can follow this url https://gbatemp.net/threads/a-solut...screen-in-rxtool2-6-3-0b2-maybe-a-bug.394183/ . I did this and it worked for me but I am on old3ds

and as for the "bonus question" the answer is "its not happening" sorry

Last edited by wormdood,

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i use fbi to install on o3ds and they work fine for me
install them in systemnand to play them them there or install them to both systemnand and emunand to play from emunand
also the following quotes are taken from a rxtools thread butt i think the answers are here

and as for the "bonus question" the answer is "its not happening" sorry

You have an O3DS, he has a new one :
https://gbatemp.net/posts/5705403/
And he never said he use rxtools.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you install the patched agb_firm ? Also, if yout nands are unlinked, you need to install gba games on both.
right . . . the only thing i see in the post you linked is info that says

Missing features on n3ds:
-DevMode
-AGB and TWL patches
-Initial configuration
-Regionfree patch

but you also said
Did you install the patched agb_firm ? Also, if yout nands are unlinked, you need to install gba games on both.
and im pretty sure that is what im saying

ok so i know it says The patched AGB_FIRM is no longer needed but i have heard people who still have problems ask about this the recommendation ive seen get the best results is to install it anyway (but i am not sure if it is safe for you n3ds im sure you can find the answer to that with a quick look on google)

how are they different?:unsure:

it was a quote in which i quoted myself
"please excuse me while i rant"
but im sorry if not all info was relevent but thats the problem with people these days (myself included) they dont want to wait for / sort through / fight for / read through / ect. shit! unless its exactly what they asked for when they asked for it and even then the work involved seams so daunting we only sometimes start and rarely finish i mean . . . "no enough said end of rant"

Last edited by wormdood,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame: