Hacking [Help] Can't get Gateway card to work

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Here's the video of me trying. Quality isn't great but I had my phone in one hand and the 3ds in another:

@FakuMotaFaka : Well, I'll probably ask for a refund if I don't end up using the GW card. I'm pretty disappointed about it to be honest.

@Quantumcat: Ok! I'll give it a shot.

I do have more questions though:

1. If I update my firmware, won't it automatically update to the latest version of the firmware? If so, don't I risk getting a version who is too recent? I want to be really sure here because I don't want to end up getting stuck.

I'll wait for you guys answer before updating since I don't think there's any going back to previous firmware version after that.

Meanwhile, I'll read the guide, thanks! Very helpful community.

i found it @Quantumcat , this one for freeshop:

http://bit.ly/1sIUrbu

and for titlekeys:

sorry, that site somewhere

can't comment any more as i still have to do all that you did with hacking your 3DS :)
Isn't there a CIA homebrew that automatically downloads the latest titlekeys and then launch freeshop using them? (encTitleKeysUpdater, https://github.com/MatMaf/encTitleKeys.bin-Updater/releases)

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Isn't there a CIA homebrew that automatically downloads the latest titlekeys and then launch freeshop using them? (encTitleKeysUpdater, https://github.com/MatMaf/encTitleKeys.bin-Updater/releases)

i finally installed a9lh+luma3DS on my o3DS originally running ofw2.1, followed the guide until successfully installed FBI, that's where i installed freeshop and the titlekeys using the QR installer within FBI from QR codes from link given by @Quantumcat

(many many thanks to @Quantumcat, first time i did everything and it all went smoothly thanks again) :)

Reactions: Quantumcat

babuat2

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh yes it would make thing five billion times easier. There is a clear step-by-step guide that is really easy to follow, and that everyone knows well so you can get help easily if you don't understand any part of it.

Https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki. Start with Part 1 (Decrypt9), which will show you how to get Decrypt9 working (it has lots of options for different firmwares; I think you'll be doing Decrypt9 (Browser)). Then, you'll switch off your console and now do Part 2, and put on all the files it tells you to onto your SD card, then get back into Decrypt9 like Part 1 taught you to and do the rest of the steps. Then you'll move onto Part 3.

When you've finished Part 3, you'll have a fully hacked system that you can install games and apps onto, and you won't have to boot into any special modes like for Gateway, they'll just work on start-up as though it were a stock console and you had bought those games from the eShop. If after that you'd still like to be able to use the Gateway card, you can then follow https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

hello Im very new to all this.. and hoping if someone can help me!!
I have same version 8.1.0-19u and saw this thread and follow all the steps. Everything seemed working fine till 2.1.0 last step reboot. After I pressed reboot the screen turned black and did nothing I thought I bricked it so I took out the SD card and erased things...and now I turned my ds it shows that my version changed to 2.1.0. but what Im worried about is the next step..
installing arm9loaderhax,, first step it says that I need to copy the /files9/ which I erased.. do I need that file order to install arm9loaderhax? if I just keep going will I brick my ds?? Please help me..

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

hello Im very new to all this.. and hoping if someone can help me!!
I have same version 8.1.0-19u and saw this thread and follow all the steps. Everything seemed working fine till 2.1.0 last step reboot. After I pressed reboot the screen turned black and did nothing I thought I bricked it so I took out the SD card and erased things...and now I turned my ds it shows that my version changed to 2.1.0. but what Im worried about is the next step..
installing arm9loaderhax,, first step it says that I need to copy the /files9/ which I erased.. do I need that file order to install arm9loaderhax? if I just keep going will I brick my ds?? Please help me..
You were supposed to turn the console on without the SD card inserted. You can continue with the guide and just update from the System Settings instead of restoring a backup if you deleted your backup.

babuat2

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You were supposed to turn the console on without the SD card inserted. You can continue with the guide and just update from the System Settings instead of restoring a backup if you deleted your backup.
So I should just keep going? And update from the system setting means..update my version??
And another thing.. I'm on the section 1 prep work #12 copy arm9loaderhax.bin from luma3ds zip but I can't find that anywhere.
Thank you for tour reply :)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So I should just keep going? And update from the system setting means..update my version??
And another thing.. I'm on the section 1 prep work #12 copy arm9loaderhax.bin from luma3ds zip but I can't find that anywhere.
Did you download the zip from the luma github page? It should be in there.

Edit: Does the console turn on without arm9loaderhax.bin on the SD card? If so, don't update, because you don't have a9lh installed.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

babuat2

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh so.. it wouldn't be any problem not having that files9?

Edit: Does the console turn on without arm9loaderhax.bin on the SD card? If so, don't update, because you don't have a9lh installed.
Yes I did download from that page..but don't see it anywhere..so without that step I complete section 1and now I am going to put sd card and install a9lh.. And I don't know yet if my console will turn on..

Oh so.. it wouldn't be any problem not having that files9?

If I update won't my virsion changes? Will I be still able to use free eshop?

Sorry to ask such a basic question..like I said everthing is so new and complicated

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a