Hacking Help burning Wii games on DVD+R

lightning001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I wanted to burn a Wii game onto my DVD+R with ImgBurn. I heard if you have +R you need to change the booktype to DVD-ROM or something sort of like that. My problem is that when I go to do that I cant find the brand of my dvd burner - Lenovo.
Don't know if it is even needed to do this but i want to be sure this is going to work.

I'm not sure if it will help but here is the full model name of it (or at least what it shows in device manager) :

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GP60NB60

So if anyone can help me that will be really nice :)
(Yes this is my first post so i am a bit nervous of what to expect)

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
Well I wanted to burn a Wii game onto my DVD+R with ImgBurn. I heard if you have +R you need to change the booktype to DVD-ROM or something sort of like that. My problem is that when I go to do that I cant find the brand of my dvd burner - Lenovo.
Don't know if it is even needed to do this but i want to be sure this is going to work.

I'm not sure if it will help but here is the full model name of it (or at least what it shows in device manager) :

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GP60NB60

So if anyone can help me that will be really nice :)
(Yes this is my first post so i am a bit nervous of what to expect)
You do know its easier to just put an wbfs in your USB drive and run it with an USB loader RIGHT?

Reactions: FenrirWolf

Ljonja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bhutan
If you want to burn Gamecube Games on a DVD-R:
1. Open any burning program (I use ImgBurn)
2. Select your drive and your ISO. (If you only have one optical disc drive, it will be the right)
3. Set burn speed to 2,4x
4. Launch your DVD with USB Loader GX (I recommend this). And also switch to Nintendont mode, its really the best!

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Are You sure that Your Wii can handle burned DVDs?
Please note that using optical media is not environment friendly.

knm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It can, if you have a Wii with old disc drive, like 2009 or under, it can read Wii burned DVDs. And it can be use on any backup loaders on the any old disc drive, like USBLoader GX, CFG loader, and etc, I think you have to install AHBPROT on it.

If you have Wii with new drive, like 2009 or newer, it can't read backup disc, you have to use Imburn or/and Nero (External USBLG GDR-8082N DVD read Original/Retail game disc on PC), or use Cleanrip (CleanRip - WiiBrew) rip Original/Retail game disc to ISO image and put them in the SD card or external HDD to run on any USB loaders (like USB loader GX, CFG loader, Wiiflow). You can use the Uloader 5.1x, which it can read Wii backup DVDs on any USB External DVD drive instead of read on new Wii disc drive.

Last edited by knm,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: