PS1/2 Help burning PS1 games?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 6,744
  • Replies 3
D

Deleted User

OP
Ok so Im trying to burn Castlevainia Symphony of the Night but I have burned it to FIVE different discs and havent been able to play any of them. Im 99% sure my problem is the way Im burning them. Ok so I unzip the game I downloaded and theres 3 files. 2 .bins and a disc image file. I just put them on the disc, and burned them at a slow speed (x4). Thats all I needed to do right? Or am I missing a step? Please help!

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like you are burning the 3 files directly on the disc :O
If I undertand you right, you have 2 .bin files (which are the images) and you should have 1 .cue file (which is something like a "layout").
Open your burning software (I would use ImgBurn) and select the .cue file and burn at around 4x ... the rest is handled by ImgBurn.

Regards,
iCEQB

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You need to burn the content of the files, not the files themselves.
The binary file contains a copy of the original disc data (including all files and folder structures that the game uses packed in a single file), you need to put back the content of the binary file back to the disc (it's like extracting a zip content to your computer, except here it's burning an ISO content to a CD).

Follow what ICEQB told above, and you should be fine.
If you use IMGBurn, Instead of "Write files/folders to disc" you need to select "Write image file to disc".
If you use another program, find a way to "Write image" or "Write ISO". Don't create a new compilation.

After successful burning process, you must be able to see CD's content like this:

219036-SOTN_disc_content.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.