Hacking Help a noob achieve: Stock to Modded 2017

bobbytomorow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there just got a 32GB Wii U and the hacking scene is a little overwhelming, with several different guides and different custom firmwares all ranging from different years. Wondering if someone could please tell me an up to date/current of what I need and possibly link me to a recent guide/tutorial to take me from stock to modded.

What I want to do:
-Play Wii U backups
-Play Wii backups
-Play Gamecube backups
-Play all backups from external USB drives

Last edited by bobbytomorow,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
IMG_2014.PNG

Funny ad to turn up on this thread :-p 60 games, all legit. Yeah right.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there just got a 32GB Wii U and the hacking scene is a little overwhelming, with several different guides and different custom firmwares all ranging from different years. Wondering if someone could please tell me an up to date/current of what I need and possibly link me to a recent guide/tutorial to take me from stock to modded.

What I want to do:
-Play Wii U backups
-Play Wii backups
-Play Gamecube backups
-Play all backups from external USB drives
you say you searched the and found custom firmware for the wiiu going back several years yet the wiiu has only had custom firmware for about 3 months lol are you from the distant future.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
you say you searched the and found custom firmware for the wiiu going back several years yet the wiiu has only had custom firmware for about 3 months lol are you from the distant future.
He's probably talking about Loadiine. If he knew the difference he probably wouldn't need to be asking the questions :-p

Reactions: AmandaRose

bobbytomorow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, thank you! I used that linked guide to successfully install CBHC and Homebrew Launcher. Couple more questions:

1) What homebrew do I need to install in order to begin playing Wii U backups?

2) Is there any way to play Wii U backups from an USB HDD or do I need to play them from the SD Card?

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, thank you! I used that linked guide to successfully install CBHC and Homebrew Launcher. Couple more questions:

1) What homebrew do I need to install in order to begin playing Wii U backups?

2) Is there any way to play Wii U backups from an USB HDD or do I need to play them from the SD Card?

1. Use wupintaller ymod to install games to your internal memory or exhdd
2. You can do what I said in step one to use exhdd, if you want to go the sd card route you can use an sd card adaptor or loadiine.

Reactions: bobbytomorow

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As mentioned, you can use WupInstaller y mod to install games. There's a program called Wii U USB Helper which can help you transfer games to your SD card. They are then installed to your HDD or internal memory using wupinstaller, after which it is safe to delete them from the sd card.

Take note that you DO need to format your HDD in order to use it in Wii U mode. This renders the hard drive useless for any other purpose, including Wii backups. (So you will either need 2 hard drives or an SD card large enough to suit your purposes.)

For Wii backups and homebrew, there is lot of info and guides out there already. The newest way that doesn't require a game is wuphax. Once you have HBC, follow other guides for setting up CfgUsbLoader, WiiFlow, or USB Loader GX. (Whichever you prefer.) Make sure the guide is for vWii and not Wii, as installing original Wii IOS files onto vWii can result in a brick.

Reactions: bobbytomorow

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head