Alerdyy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone!

My passion for hacking consoles first started when I was around 10 or 11. I don't remember why, but I wanted to hack my Wii. Luckily, I was a big fan of the Lego games, so I owned many of them. I knew I could easily use one of those to run the exploit, but for some reason it didn't work. At the time I didn't know the cause, but it had to do with the type of SD card I used. It has to be 2GB or less. Anyway, I ended up using Letterbomb and played some homebrew games for a while. Then, I started making custom icons for homebrew, and later made custom channels. I kept on working my way up, so to speak, and I learned how to program in Lua. When I first got my 3DS, I hadn't cared about hacking for a while, so, regardless of the fact that it was on 4.5, I updated it. Later, Ninjhax was released, and I had Cubic Ninja, but I made the mistake of updating. Eventually, Ninjhax 2.0 became a thing, and I made some simple homebrew games using Lua Project Player 3DS and LövePotion. Later, an arm11 kernel exploit was found, and I was able to downgrade to 9.2.

Some time in the Summer of 2016, the Nintendo Developer Portal became accessible to everyone, so I enjoyed the benefits of that with my hacked 3DS. I was inspired by one of my friends to try to make a 3D game in Unity for New 3DS. :yay3ds: It was very tough, since I didn't have a New 3DS, so I had to optimize it for the original 3DS. Eventually, I finished Waluigi Simulator, a fully functional game for old 3DS made with Unity for New 3DS. I also made a few things with CTR-SDK, such as web forwarders, which you can check out on the downloads page.
I found ROM hacking fascinating. Changing the way games are supposed to function. When HANS was first released, bundled with *hax 2.5, I immediately found a decrypted copy of I've Got to Run: Complete Editon, extracted the ROMFS, and edited the textures to make Meme Run for 3DS. I never did release that, though, but I remember being so excited while making it. I made texture hacks for a lot of games, edited levels in SM3DL, and eventually started looking into the code.bin of roms.

Now, I have a New 3DS, and I spend most of my free time developing stuff for it in Unity. I've ported a bunch of projects to new 3DS, such as HedgePhysics and SM64HD. I figured by now I should have an account here, so here I am! I hope to have a great time here! :D

Last edited by Alerdyy,
Reactions: CeeDee and iAqua

vinstage

sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
A 3DS Dev? Well shit lol.

Guess I can't make a joke about staying away from the 3DS scene. Either way, you have my support and welcome to GBAtemp.
tenor.gif

Reactions: HaloEliteLegend
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Nice to meet you, friend! Please do take care in the 3DS scene, it's full of toxicity, entitlement, and petty drama. GBATemp is an awesome community but we have some very immature kids in our ranks. Pay them no mind and do what you do best!

Welcome to the Temp!

tenor.gif

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Welcome! I am very sure that you will find what you need here, and I hope that you will stay for the community. We do have some trouble and drama here and there, but nothing that our mod team can't fix. Remember to read the rules thoroughly. If you have a problem with another member, please use the report function or contact a member of the staff team. Replying to the offending content may get you a warn or suspension as well. Also don't ask for ROMS/ISOs/Warez or other copyrighted content. That's a big no-no.

Remember to love with your heart, use your head for everything else.
Now if you'll excuse me, I hear a slapfight over which is the best DS Pokemon game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol