Hacking Heavy Rain

scottieb99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been reading tons of stories on google about this game, anyone know how to get this game running from internal hdd? I have tried multiman, rogero and gaia with the same black screen result. Any help is appreciated.

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can play it from external, using multiman, highlight the game in multiman, press select and x, and pick it from the xmb. make sure you have a PS3 game in the drive.....

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Internal works fine too, you just need a PS3 disc in the drive (some games require it)

Sotoro

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You can also use the newest version of multiMan with ntfs support nd install it without splitting any files from any ntfs device.

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
heavy rain does NOT have a file bigger than 4gb, so just put it on an external hdd and start it with multiman (select + x).
but you need to install the game first with the original game disc or it wont start.

Sotoro

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ut2k4master said:
heavy rain does NOT have a file bigger than 4gb, so just put it on an external hdd and start it with multiman (select + x).
but you need to install the game first with the original game disc or it wont start.

- heavy rain is not a black screen game, so there is no need of the select+x mode
- you can install the game data without the original heavy rain game disc, there isn't a single game that requires this method on kmeaw 3.55...

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ut2k4master said:
Not for me. It installs from the backup just fine.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sotoro said:
- you can install the game data without the original heavy rain game disc, there isn't a single game that requires this method on kmeaw 3.55...
Kmeaw or any other ofw/cfw. I'm on 3.41 and every games I tried worked fine (I don't have heavy rain to test though).

It's even often recommended to delete already installed game data and reinstall using the backup'ed game. I don't know if it really makes a difference, but it seems some games require it, not the contrary.

aml435

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had an impossible time getting this and a few others to work from internal, and it turned out that my games were in a folder titled /GAMEZ/ on the internal hard drive. They would all show up in the back up managers, but they all would black screen. I tried repairing permissions, I tried original rips of my own discs and downloaded rips, nothing would work.
Then I moved them all to a directory called /GAMES/ on the internal and repaired permissions and suddenly all of my black screening internal games worked flawlessly.
Can't promise the same will work for you, but it did for me.

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well, the backup of heavy rain didnt work for me without first installing from the original disc. (got a black screen first)
and select+x doesnt hurt, so it doesnt matter if you do it or not in that case
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs